Moderation Flag changes, and TL4 promotions

All excellent choices!

Eugene Levy Comedy GIF by Schitt's Creek

22 Likes

19 Likes

A fine bunch of mutants indeed!

23 Likes

I couldn’t help but notice that the number of TL3 (Regular) members dropped from 102 to 88 overnight. Is this just removing Discourse Staff who are no longer active or was there some kind of purge?

1 Like

It is possible to lose TL3 if you’re not active enough. There are minimum thresholds of activity to maintain TL3 status:

https://blog.discourse.org/2018/06/understanding-discourse-trust-levels/#trust-level-3--regular

6 Likes

It’s usually just a couple of additions/removals per week, so I was surprised to see such a big change overnight.

(I like to check the list once in a while because there are people I’m rooting for.)

Perhaps there’s a new bug? Any particular users? There is a page where staff can check TL3 state and the criteria for a specific user to troubleshoot.

Absolutely true; it’s happened to me more than once, in the before-time, when I was still in the process of getting “some real life.”

19 Likes

Looks like a lot of the Discourse staff dropped off, based on my cursory glance

6 Likes

Yeah, it looks that way to me, too. Looking through the list, all of the people whom I would expect to be on the list are still there.

There were previously quite a few Discourse Staff that were just there, but didn’t seem active.

2 Likes

Ah OK cool. Thanks for staying on top of this and noticing these details! :beers:

2 Likes

Holy cow! That’s a lot of responsibility! I’ll do my best to not disappoint the moderation team.

16 Likes

Running the numbers a little early this year due to events on the “birdsite” and possible fallout over here, I’m going to cast a slightly wider net this year and bring in a new cohort of new Leaders early :slight_smile:

Like all Leaders, these mutants routinely provide invaluable assistance to the community by providing many accurate, actionable flags (that moderators agree with), are actively involved in our discussions here, and, as I noted before:

The new additions are: @chenille, @ChuckV, @ClutchLinkey, @anon52120741, @Jesse13927, and @Tamsin_Bailey. Congratulations to all!

45 Likes

Happy Lets Go GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Congrats to all the new leaders!

29 Likes

Congratulations!

I’d definitely follow those leaders!

24 Likes

Woh…

You Betcha Anna Kendrick GIF

Congratulations, other folks :+1:

28 Likes

Awesome! Welcome new Leaders, you got this!

23 Likes

Ben Aldridge Thank You GIF by PENNYWORTH

And in very good company!

23 Likes

All hail the new leadership!

18 Likes

… long live the new flesh?

8 Likes