More FBI follies: civil rights groups are "terrorists" and their victims are the KKK

it’s almost like opposing a bad person doesn’t make you good

2 Likes

Kind of like this?

13 Likes

Or this:

12 Likes

The name becomes more relevant in the whole quote from Satre (from Dirty Hands):

I was not the one to invent lies: they were created in a society divided by class and each of us inherited lies when we were born. It is not by refusing to lie that we will abolish lies: it is by eradicating class by any means necessary .

3 Likes

The KKK was literally the first terrorist organization in the US. They are literally responsible for thousands of acts of terrorism since 1867. They are not victims.

10 Likes

I prefer to call them boneheads

7 Likes

there are zero verified killings or attempted killings by “pro-abortion extremists,”

Um…hmmm. Well…um. If you had used the word “murder” then there would be room for debate. I personally do not use the word “murder” to refer to abortion (it implies certain conscious malevolent mental intentions, just for starters) but when you use the word “killings” you are speaking in the realm of biology that is not open to debate. It’s the reason why abortions after viability are not done as premature induced live births. Simply being not pregnant anymore is not good enough. There has to be killing.

Yeah… no.

7 Likes

Or… they “might” have named themselves after a famous quote by Malcolm X, a well known civil rights leader who was assassinated, not a “terrorist”…
Maybe you’ve heard of him?

10 Likes

I know what they are named after. I also know how meanings change.

See: Black Panthers vs. New Black Panther Party, recognized by the SPLC as a hate group.

That particular meaning hasn’t changed.

Thank you for Blacksplaining to me, as well as making a false equivalency, on top of your initial unfounded assumption.

9 Likes

Well, the FBI works against crime, and investigates people who might be criminals.

BAMN? Investigated for possible plots against KKK members. In this case, yes, the KKK was the victim. No charges.

KKK (and other white power groups)? Investigated for actual harm against lots of people, and the FBI saw those as the victims… and many members have gone to jail over the years.

Trump and friends? Investigated. Charged.

It’s almost like there are shitheads everywhere, of every political leaning, and context matters.

And that context is the FBI subverting, harassing, imprisoning and killing leftists of various stripes over the course of its entire history, while ignoring the fact that the vast majority (vast, vast, vast^2) of political violence in this country has been committed by right wingers. So yeah. Context matters. Probably more than the name BAMN chose, in this case.

10 Likes

They once had a white supremacist, white-wing terrorist project of their own, called COINTELPRO.

The FBI seems to be a large enough organization that I can root for the Mueller Investigation while the same time being outraged by the various fascist fringes contained within its suit and necktie exterior.

9 Likes

It is entirely possible that there are FBI employees/contractors/friends/family who are active members in the KKK etc.

In such a case, I find it easy to guess how this narrative–their narrative–is framed.

ETA: oops! @joey_bladb beat me to it!

9 Likes
8 Likes

In the '30s, Hoover and the FBI kept files on liberal and left-wing Americans labeling them “prematurely anti-fascist”.

3 Likes

Wasn’t the FBI formed to look in to the activities of the KKK in the first place?

No. They were formed primarily in response to McKinley’s assassination and over growing fears of anarchist’s violence. Their first big thing was enforcing the Mann Act, which was passed because there was a wave of fear of white women being pressed into prostitution (they weren’t). When the KKK was at it’s height in the 20s, they did little to stop them.

8 Likes

Seems like this was written by The Onion.