More Mysterious, In Which We Slide into a Dark Place and See Yellow

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/09/08/more-mysterious-in-which-we-s.html

I’m a tiny bit familiar with the aforementioned “play”. It comes up in Demons’ Souls and Dark Souls, True Detective, and a few other places so a few years ago i went on a rabbit hole journey on the internet trying to find out more about the book. I wasn’t aware that a graphic novel had since been created about it so i will have to check it out.

1 Like

Sounds like a lot of fun. I’ve long thought that Lovecraft’s “Call of Cthulhu” would be perfect for this kind of treatment - after all, the story is just an assembly of letters and documents with descriptions of sculptures, photographs, etc. - you just replace the descriptions with real sculptures, photographs, letters, etc. It would also be fun to do this with a completely new narrative, and maybe throw some video and/or audio in there, as well.

It’s one of a bunch of gothic-ish stories in some collection I own but of course have forgotten the name of. One of the other stories was pretty creepy - some fellow invents a liquid which converts living things into alabaster statues.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.