More than 43,000 fish dead in wake of toxic Ohio train crash

Originally published at: More than 43,000 fish dead in wake of toxic Ohio train crash | Boing Boing

8 Likes

I think we all know what should be next on the menu for ol’ “Sippy” DeWine. JD Vance, von Clownstick, and the CEO of the railroad should join them for the meal (as, to be fair, should Mayor Pete).

4 Likes

This Is Fine GIF

10 Likes

Lost in all this is just how beautiful the area is. This is/was my eight year olds happy place. She asks to go to Beaver Creek frequently and despite it being a three hour drive we’ve been there several times in the last year. Here’s from just last October:

I can’t even bring myself to tell her yet. I just don’t know how. It’s such an amazingly beautiful area with stunning nature and ravines and creeks and rivers and it had only recently recovered from horrible PFAS contamination in the early parts of the 20th century. We just never learn do we?

18 Likes

season 1 pilot GIF by mom

2 Likes

There is nothing in munincipal drinking water treatment that can eliminate those kinds of chemicals. UV and ROS treatment might actually make them worse by converting some to semi-stable free radicals.

9 Likes

My new band name

4 Likes

I saw them open for the Chelating Agents at Dupont Circle.

6 Likes

I’m mutating right now :disguised_face:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.