Watch Ohio governor DeWine "drink" tapwater from near toxic train fire site

Originally published at: Watch Ohio governor DeWine "drink" tapwater from near toxic train fire site | Boing Boing

13 Likes

Gilbert Gottfried What An Asshole GIF

The whole party is rotten.

30 Likes

Is lip cancer a thing?

17 Likes

toxic avenger toxerific GIF by Troma Entertainment

19 Likes

The odd thing is that cancer causing chemicals don’t work like iocane powder. You can not build an immunity to them, and they don’t work fast enough to cut you off in mid-monologue. I believe some of them are colorless and odorless, like iocane powder.

I would also be willing to believe there is an element of dosage and constant exposure. There is a lot of DNA that doesn’t do anything, so random mutations are going to take (on average) a while before they do something, and then they are more likely to just kill the cell.

My proposal is that this fine example of Republican grift be required to drink water from these taps until the mess is cleaned up. Including the water he baths in, the water his meals are cooked with, etc.

33 Likes

Actually, it’s video evidence that DeWine is a puppet.

9 Likes

Pictured: Agriculture minister John Selwyn Gummer and his 4 year old daughter Cordelia tucking into a beefburger on a visit to the East Coast Boat Show.

This was a publicity stunt when UK Gov was trying to convince everyone that British Beef was safe; and that eating it was unlikely to give you Transmissible Spongiform Encephalitis.

21 Likes

freaked out about one sip? someone should ship him some water to drink every day.

13 Likes

“I guess you can’t put water into DeWine”, said Jesus Christ. :man_shrugging:

42 Likes

I’d be much more impressed if he was able to keep talking about how safe the water is while his lobbyist donors took a drink.

22 Likes

How I Met Your Mother Sitcom GIF by Laff

14 Likes

Here is the worst case of lip cancer on record.

27 Likes

Someone should have marked the glass to show what a phony he is.

10 Likes

Nothing says “safe for chronic community exposure” like a 76 year old being unwilling to take a single plausible drink.

His exposure won’t be chronic, so that’s a major point in his favor; he’s a 76 year old man, so any teratogenic/fetal or childhood exposure/other reproductive harm stuff is a solid generation past being his problem even if it’s present and aggressive; and at his age any of the more slow burn ‘anomalous cancer cluster’ type toxic effects aren’t certain to pass him by; but have decent odds that get better by the year that something else will kill him first.

26 Likes

Please pardon this correction… but:

:grimacing:

(I’ll stick to being a vegetarian, thanks)

18 Likes

kuzco-kronk

20 Likes

The explanation is obvious: Mike DeWine is a sorcerer*.

thor mug refilling

*Wizard. I meant wizard, aka a duplicitous charlatan.

15 Likes

Has DeWine even bothered to declare East Palestine a disaster area yet?

8 Likes

While there is probably no safe level of consumption of these contaminants, the health issues are likely to be the result of prolonged exposure. Drinking a full glass of water will not cause anywhere near the harm of drinking, bathing, and cleaning using contaminated water on a daily basis.

I hope the testing they are doing is comprehensive–depending on what else was on that train and reactions that may have occurred when spilled and burned, what ends up in the water could be very different than the starting materials. If I lived there I’d be wary of testing performed by the company or the state, which have an interest in moving on without dealing with all the impacts.

7 Likes

When Nixon came to visit Chicago soon after the (then) new water treatment plant was opened at Navy Pier the manager tried to hand him a glass of water. Nixon shoved it aside and walked past the man in they manner trump tried to copy. Chicago actually has very good tap water.

3 Likes