Most disappointing video games ever

You know, the original article specifies is talking about the most disappointing GRAPHICS DOWNGRADES in games. As in, they showed you something but what shipped had less graphic quality than what was demoed.

Kinda of a very, very, VERY different take from “most disappointing games ever”.

2 Likes

haha great reply! i was really responding to the terrible, “low-effort snarky clickbait” (as another commenter put it) article and that you seem to have posted it without irony. i mean, it’s not even Buzzfeed-quality content.

i am happy to see that the commenters have already done 100x better than what you linked to. perhaps that was the intention :smile:

All your list are belong to bunk.

1 Like

Wow. It almost seems like some of the posters in this thread don’t understand that the Q23 article is a humor piece.

2 Likes

Also, that it is tongue-in-cheek.

This was the most disappointing game I ever bought.

It even has Bruce Cambell’s real voice. It could have sucked and I would have still liked it. But this… this physically mad me ill to play.

1 Like

Is it? I honestly can’t tell. I’m not saying that to be snarky, but it’s so unfunny that I never would have assumed it was supposed to be humor and/or tongue-in-cheek. Shouldn’t a satire piece be… I dunno… funny?

3 Likes

I burned many hours on that cartridge, it was definitely among the most played. I feel sorry for anyone who ever expected the cover art of an Atari cartridge to represent the thing you actually played.

The original Pac Man cart. - that one was a massive disappointment along with the above mentioned E.T.

3 Likes

And then complains about the results after they install it, and then writes an article about how bad the thing is that they sought out and went through the trouble of installing.

Came here to say the same thing. That game was in development for years and I followed every goddamn update. Will promised an epic tale of evolutionary biology and world building, and all we got was a bunch of dull mini games.

I am pretty sure that was the last game I ever preordered.

Well, they did complain that Madden Football was about the players, not calling the game.

::blink blink::

There’s something twisted about a mind that works like that.

also: a game where you have to help call the plays?

Isn’t that just called “beer”?

If it was funny, that would be easier to understand.

3 Likes

I remember liking Yar’s Revenge too.

I think it depends on one’s definition of “disappointing”-- Activision games for the Atari 2600 were almost always disappointing to me-- they looked great, but actual game play was boring and not very challenging.

1 Like

Yar’s Revenge is the single greatest Atari 2600 game. There is nothing better. Quarter to Three you are dead to me.

4 Likes

It was a success for the proto-GamerGaters it catered to. It delivered exactly what it promised.

1 Like

He dares to criticize Yar’s revenge?!?!?

Time for torches and pitchforks! Get the heretic!

1 Like

The proliferation of fake news satire sites seems to be based on the idea that simply saying things that are not true is inherently funny, because the Onion says things that are not true and it is funny.

This article seems to have a similar misconception at its core.

2 Likes

I’m not a huge gamer, but a recent one for me: Batman: Arkham Origins. I enjoyed the first two games a lot, but the third one (a different studio behind it) was not only bugged and glitchy as hell and had certain tasks you couldn’t complete if you didn’t seek them in the right order before you got past certain story points, but also, the developers said, “We’re not going to do any patches to fix bugs any more because we’re working on DLC.”

Yeah, never buying that DLC, and possibly not anything from that company ever again.

3 Likes

This is probably due to the producer refusing to pay for any bug fixes.