Mozart's ear

[Permalink]

As long as we’re making comparisons

9 Likes

That’s decent painting. That guy was like some kind of genius or something.

5 Likes

Ears are very individualistic in shape, so much so that they can be used to reliably identify people. People don’t leave their earprints everywhere, so fingerprints took the limelight in the 19th century, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Alphonse Bertillon’s methodology didn’t get revived in the era of CCTV.

Now do Wolfman Jack and Jack Kerouac.

1 Like
Finally, is that an earring, Amadeus?
It's probably an earworm. Back then there were more limited medicines and prolific composers, so they tended to grow a little fat in the middle.
2 Likes

Which Wolfman Jack?

5 Likes

Are earworms fatal? I wonder if we can add them to the list of things that killed Mozart. Last I checked the list included Salieri, the Masons, kidney failure, and trichinosis.

1 Like

I worked on that movie :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Were you the makeup guy who did Jack’s ears??

Also, check out his less-known painting no.231, “Mein Arsch”

7 Likes

Shouldn’t that be K.231?

Well, that would be the canon published as ‘Laßt uns froh sein’ - Köchel catalogued musical compositions only

The watercolor is by an anonymous artist from around 1820 (Mozart died in 1791). The annotations “Mein Ohr” and “ein gewöhnliches Ohr” (an ordinary ear) were written by Mozart’s son Franz Xaver. “Mein” was crossed out and “Mozarts” added by Georg Nikolaus von Nissen, the second husband of Mozart’s wife Constanze. See Christoph Wolff, Mozart at the Gateway to His Fortune, p. 55, and the literature cited there.
http://books.google.com/books?id=PNTHKwT8DDsC&lpg=PA55&ots=95yTmQzOmY&dq=mozart’s%20ear&pg=PA55#v=onepage&q=mozart’s%20ear&f=false

Mozart Ear is a congenital abnormality in the formation of the ear that Franz Xaver apparently inherited from his father. On Mozart Ear, see http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21587051

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.