Muji is selling a hut

Pictures with rug are so obviously a different hut than the pics without rugs. Also the stove is missing from the first couple pics. Something’s not right.

1 Like

Oh, man. Now obsessed with the idea of a Baba Yaga hut.

I’m picturing a yurt-like structure, well insulated all around.

Mounted on three sturdy pilings, carved or built up to look like legs. With channels for wiring and plumbing. Maybe 3’ off the ground, just enough to look Baba Yagish. Maybe the legs could be folded up, as though squatting to allow access.

A writer’s cabin or “sleeper,” not a place to live.

3 Likes

Muji make excellent beds.

I bought one during my fifth year in Japan. Enjoyed some of my best sleeps ever. And then got really sick six months later and had to go back to Canada because none of the doctors in Japan could figure out what was going on. With the mattress being fairly fresh it became the property of a nice young lady who found both the insects and summer heat of Kyushu laughable because she grew up in Taiwan.

1 Like

Construction costs are high here, 3,000,000円 is not really that much cash for this though as what is essentially a novelty item. Of course this price does not include land and I’m not clear if this hut could be built as what would legally be defined as a house/domicile so whether or not one could plunk it down on a small urban lot is a different matter.

Not too likely, insulation isnt common with even new built houses here.

More a legend than anything else, in the same concept as uncluttered space, something that may be an ideal but is rarely found in real life.

2 Likes

Our floors were always very clean. But even “reasonably clean” would be nearly unobtainable with that stove setup and those floors.

Lets just say that as with many things Muji, this represents an ideal rather than a reality.

2 Likes

Another scenic ocean spot rescued from complete bareness by someone putting a structure on it. Thanks the tiny house movement we’ll soon have conquered all of that useless wilderness.

I love Muji’s style, and this is pretty. But it’s familiar: http://www.ecospacestudios.com/

It’s bigger on the inside.

1 Like

Should I ask where the washroom is?

These techno-huts always look cool, but seem to have problems in the translation to a functional shipping unit. Ecocapsule seems to be permanently stuck in their prototyping phase, leaving their Pioneers in the lurch.

That fact that Muji or someone is playing games with the photos isn’t a good sign.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.