'Multiple Fatalities' in Florida Mass Shooting: Suspect in Custody, 20+ Injured at Parkland's Stoneman Douglas High School

The right to easily own the means to mass-murder people versus right to own their bodies… what’s the difference? I don’t really see a difference. In both cases, the right of a single person to own something is directly impinging on the rights of others to live their lives without harassment or fear.

But, as others have already pointed out in this thread, you find that an acceptable trade-off.

But I really don’t see why you’re upset. The general population of the USA might no longer agree with you, but the actual enfranchised oligarchs have your back. Nothing is going to change. So why are you so worried and defensive? You and the others who share your opinions will continue to live with your stockpiles of deadly weapons, and radicalized white men will be able to continue to massacre all the children and concert-goers and gay nightclub attendees they want, and we can’t do a thing to stop it.

Or are you upset because you think that we’re wrong? Well, given that you’ve repeatedly shown through your rhetoric and fallacious reasoning that this is an emotional topic for you–and one so firmly entrenched that not even the death of a friend can shake it… you’re not going to have much luck convincing us to share the depth of your commitment to your death-toys.

And, yes, I am aware that this is an ad hominem, and I’m expecting this to get flagged to oblivion because of that, but, really, I just need to express my awe, and horror, and disgust, at someone that can hear about the needless deaths of children… and react with “don’t take my guns!”

Because that’s the reality we have to deal with now. Not this piece of bullshit I’ve seen wandering around on Tumblr:
tumblr_p4cq06ZQw31r0t5ibo1_500

But instead it is people like you resisting this:

Because

it might lead to greater restrictions in the future. The risk of maybe collectively having to be more responsible with your death-toys is so unnerving to you that you consider it worthwhile to oppose, instead of the near-certitude that people will die needlessly.

So I’m going to sign off with this:

And hope that I have expressed myself clearly enough to excuse the ad hominem. I normally lurk around here… but I can’t. I just can’t.

18 Likes