Music - It's new to me!

Looks like all the other music threads except for this one are closed which means we need a new one.

If you’re like me and have an adventurous taste for pop music but find it hard to keep up with whatever it is the kids are listening to these days, then hopefully we can crowd source some interesting music recommendations here on the BBS.
This thread is for “new” music and artists, preferably anything released in the last 5 years, however, if its an obscure band that only ever released the one demo 10 years ago, well, like the tile says, “That’s new to me!”

I’ll start this off with my favorite new band: Knower.
Came across them a couple of weeks ago, bought their latest album and have been driving Mrs. Tachin crazy with it :smile:, Its a mix of EDM, jazz and all around weirdness that just works, if there’s any justice in this world, this should be the “next big thing”

This is my favorite thing right now, its on autorepeat:

NSFW language, visuals, depending on your coworkers political leanings:

This is from Louis Cole’s (one Half of Knower) solo project, but Genevieve Artadi (The other half), is in the video too, so it counts.

If you like these, check out “Weird part of the night” and “Hanging on”

2 Likes

Lianne La Havas needs more love.

3 Likes

Oho! A music thread!
I’ve been revisiting my early love for techno lately and just came across this 2014 release by Ken Ishii on Different is Different Records.There’s also a bunch of remixes up on Bandcamp.

3 Likes

Intersting Jpop track.

A track that may be too funky for some people

1 Like

Not enough songs about blimps

I love “Midnight”, I think it’s her best one.

1 Like

I think the chorus in this song is incredibly soulful.

1 Like

Completely agree.

2 Likes

Because I’m a horrible person;

3 Likes

We really need a “Sharing” category for these kinds of threads, I’d love a convenient way to track down where y’all have loaded music, movie, book, anime, video game and other recommendations

3 Likes

The great discord, progressive metal from Sweden.

I can’t remember how I came across this band, but they’re coming out with a new album soon:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.