My Life on the Road: The Jinn

Originally published at: My Life on the Road: The Jinn | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I’ve been enjoying The Hidden Djinn podcast lately. It’s a nice blend of lyrical storytelling and memory, but also treats its subject matter earnestly. I’ve already been inspired a few times for drawings and adding details to game campaigns

https://www.grimandmild.com/thehiddendjinn

4 Likes

I checked my local sewer accesses, no Djinn to be found. Dang…

4 Likes

If i recall correctly djinn are neither good or evil, they are neutral

6 Likes

I passed a certain smell in front of a cemetery on Easter Sunday, and being a both a botanist and easily distracted, I started looking for Phallus impudicus until I both started thinking about the phenology of the fungus and I noticed it came out of the sewers.

I went on, delivered a candle and some flowers as I was asked to, and started thinking about the implications, both practically and metaphysically, of this happing on the Easter weekend… [ETA: that was a Christian cemetery, so Djinn would probably not be involved…]

5 Likes

Good story. I just got caught up with your March 2020 post. Morocco is on our list for 2022.

How is the stent doing? I’ve had one plug up twice, so I recommend getting checked out frequently.

2 Likes

Her voice is like velvet, her presentation is fantastic!

3 Likes

Screen cap from the movie:

Fun fact: The Blue Djinn was played by Barbara Eden’s first husband, Michael Ansara.

4 Likes

Cardiologist appointment’s set for the end of the month.

In the meantime, I’m climbing the equivalent of 30 flights of stairs, everyday.

I miss salt.

6 Likes

Not an expert, but IIRC, the idea is that djinn, like humans, have free will (unlike angels). So they can be good or evil, Muslim or infidel. But even the good and/or friendly djinn aren’t necessarily safe.

2 Likes

Oh my! I just got winded on the stairs up Trail 6 at Wreck Beach. I’m going to have to step it up a bit more.

Me, Cheese. Morocco would be hard to do avoiding salt.

2 Likes

Jeff Goldblum Good Luck GIF

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.