Mummified monk not dead, just trancing

[Permalink]

Iā€™d accept this if the guy wouldnā€™t gloat about it.

4 Likes

C: I wish to complain about this Monk what I purchased not half an hour ago from this very boutique.

O: Oh yes, the, uh, the Mongolian Mumā€¦Whatā€™s,uhā€¦Whatā€™s wrong with it?

C: Iā€™ll tell you whatā€™s wrong with it, my lad. 'Eā€™s dead, thatā€™s whatā€™s wrong with it!

O: No, no, 'eā€™s uh,ā€¦heā€™s resting.

C: Look, matey, I know a dead monk when I see one, and Iā€™m looking at one right now.

O: No no heā€™s not dead, heā€™s, heā€™s restinā€™! Remarkable monk, the Mongolian Mum, idnā€™it, ay? Beautiful plumage!

C: The plumage donā€™t enter into it. Itā€™s stone dead.

O: Nononono, no, no! 'Eā€™s resting!

C: All right then, if heā€™s restinā€™, Iā€™ll wake him up! (shouting at the cage) 'Ello, Mister Meditator! Iā€™ve got a lovely fresh mandalla for you if you showā€¦(owner hits the cage)

35 Likes

I just dropped in for the Dead Parrot referencesā€¦

12 Likes

I amā€¦vastly skepticalā€¦of this ā€˜trance-not-deathā€™ theory; but, it might be worth inquiring as to whether Team Medicine might take a look. There are all kinds of invaluable medical advances that could be derived from a reliable mechanism for inducing ultra-low-metabolism states in humans(surgery with less bleeding out, stabilization of accident victims during transport, potential replacement for heart/lung machine during serious surgical interventions, etc. never mind what Team Space Travel wants for long haul voyages).

Surely a monk of this level of enlightenment might be feeling enough selfless benevolence to assist in easing the suffering of those less capable of self-inducing these states?

4 Likes

He might not be dead, but he ainā€™t alive, thatā€™s for sure.

3 Likes

I think this guy was in a Sandman Slim novel.

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to use that line on my boss the next time he catches me napping at my deskā€¦

Oh, I forgot, Iā€™m self employed.

3 Likes

Heā€™s getting better.

12 Likes

If true, you really have to admire his commitment.

1 Like

They found a whole monastery of these guys in Jodorowskyā€™s The White Lama.

Given that the copyright generally expires at 70 (or, generally, n) years after authorā€™s death, I can envision publishing houses with vaults full of shelves with meditating authors.

7 Likes

Meh, I saw him blink.

2 Likes

Maybe this is the origin of the rumours about Walt Disneyā€™s cryogenic suspension?

1 Like

I just dropped in to see what condition meditation was in

Yeah, yeah, yeah, what condition meditation was in.

4 Likes

ā€œYouā€™re not dead until youā€™re warm and deadā€ as legal theoryā€¦

1 Like

Maybe youā€™re not self employed. Maybe youā€™re just trancing.

3 Likes

Just stick him in a crate with some poison rigged to a radiation source - then you can claim that no one will ever know for sure.

8 Likes

Heā€™s pining for the steppesā€¦

4 Likes

So, is this what a K Hole is like?

(asking for a friend)