Mystery Chinese seeds "innocuous" say experts, but please don't plant them

There are unfortunate social connotations involved with the wearing of Burberry here in the U.K., look up the term ‘chav’, or ‘chavvy’.
So thank you, but no! :grin:

1 Like

Especially when you have planted green beans and those suckers start to grow alongside and steal light and fertilizers. I’ve plowed the soil to get rid of them and they are still here… grr…

1 Like

There’s at least a nod to the satisfying connection between legos, socks, and feet in this transaction. I can almost feel the pain!

3 Likes

I have a simple solution - plant corn with the beans. Beans are nitrifiers, and corn requires excess nitrogen.

2 Likes

@MerelyGifted & @Mike.71 - morning glories or bindweed? Morning glories should be eradicated as long as you pull them up before they re-seed. Bindweed, not so much - it’s an invasive. Getting rid of bindweed

1 Like

But you get free blackberries!

2 Likes

Better yet, plant corn, pole beans, and squash at the same time. It’s called the three sisters method.

3 Likes

Yup, companion planting, FTW! I normally plant beans in my strawberry patch, and carrots and basil with the tomatoes.

5 Likes

What Lego bricks get up to when you’re not looking:

6 Likes

Other plants don’t stop the nasty morning glories and their unpleasant relations. They just grow right up all over whatever is there.

1 Like

Uh, yeah, very much aware…we’re still battling them 10 years on from having planted a few.

2 Likes

Mom calls shitty plants that take over the yard Vermicious Knids (pron. ka-NIDS) - a term for a particularly nasty critter from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.