Mystery man smashes up Apple store

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/09/30/mystery-man-smashes-up-apple-s.html

4 Likes

Ugh what an awful day of work for those guards… Can anyone translate what the metal ball dude is saying when he’s bashing the electronics?

2 Likes
  1. Wow. That’s punk as f**k, or French…or both.

2. What the hell is he saying?

3. I’m a pc/android, so…not sad.

15 Likes

So, it’s a hate-crime then?

15 Likes

Well, I’m getting rather impatient for the iCar too.

6 Likes

You want to know what’s going on?
Smash!
That’s going on.

26 Likes

Be honest: how many of us have secretly wanted to do this but didn’t have the cajones to follow through?

23 Likes

Remember, for every iPhone you see there are a hundred more in the walls.

34 Likes

I’ve wanted to smash my own hardware for the most part, but not really wanted to go to a store to smash things that didn’t belong to me.

12 Likes

Such a simplified user experience!

38 Likes

It was a protest against idiots who shoot video in portrait mode.

23 Likes

FYI, here’s the mall’s tripadvisor entry:

Seems a nice enough place, though its facade reminds me a bit of the Duluth airport. Maybe he was confused and thought he was in Northern Minnesota?

4 Likes

DING DING DING! Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner! 100 BoingBoing points for you.

10 Likes
10 Likes

Un mech detruit un Apple Store?

2 Likes

8 Likes

He is complaining that Apple violates his consumer right by refusing to reimburse a defective product as required by European laws (not actual laws, since the EU does not make laws). Somehow, this justify smashing their in store products but he does not explain that part. He only implies this is the right thing to do and they deserve it.

21 Likes

This BBC article claims that he was saying that Apple violates customer rights and that he was refused a refund.

Ironically, depending on the French justice system of course, I’d guess he’ll be buying a lot more Apple products by court order…

10 Likes

Someone really misses their headphone jack!

39 Likes

By “cajones” you mean “balls of steel?” Or at least one ball made of a similarly dense metal?

19 Likes