Mythological Japanese rock splits in half, potentially releasing evil demons

Originally published at: Mythological Japanese rock splits in half, potentially releasing evil demons | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Hey Tamamo-no-Mae, take a bloody number and the back of the line is way over there, somewhere.

35 Likes

Infinity Train Jesse GIF by Cartoon Network

25 Likes

Naruto will stop her.

6 Likes

Worst case scenario: there are now TWO killing stones.

20 Likes

After saying this, her eyes flashed dark red and her head swiveled completely around three times. She then added, “I’m sorry, what were you saying?”

12 Likes

If it’s a “mythological” Japanese rock, isn’t it just a myth?

5 Likes

Bodai-ji has been keeping the demons arising from the rocks of Osore volcano at bay for ~1200 years. Why didn’t someone build a similar protective temple around sessho-seki?

12 Likes

I won’t even watch documentaries about the curse of King Tut so there is no way I’m looking at a stone that releases demons.

4 Likes

I expect to be able to buy authentic Japanese killing sand on eBay by the end of the week.

6 Likes

Coincidence?

14 Likes

naruto shippuden GIF

4 Likes

Sending thoughts and prayers.

11 Likes

In other words (as in reading so many headlines these days): Ah, 2022.

11 Likes

Or Saitama.

3 Likes

seems like an auspicious time to rattle your sabre at Russia over some long disputed islands…

6 Likes

We need to annex Big Diomede immediately.

It’s uninhabited, but if there WERE people there, I’m sure they’d be drug-dealing Nazis.

5 Likes

Well, I for one welcome our nine-tailed furry over-lady. Powerful women always get slandered by the patriarchy. Sure, maybe she eats a few people’s livers, but it’s a minor character flaw in the modern political arena, really.

21 Likes

Demonic japanese Foxlady?
Jokes on you, I´m into that!

12 Likes

On Tuesday, after experiencing approximately one day of freedom, Tamamo-no-mae was spotted back at the site of the Sessho-seki frantically attempting to reseal herself inside the fragmented boulder with a roll of duct tape, muttering, “Fuck all that shit.”

21 Likes