Nation Park Service on the verge of blocking most White House protests: comments due by MONDAY!

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/13/trumplethinskin-3.html

4 Likes

I got my comments in yesterday.

The form is really easy to use.

Just do it!

Comment:
Dear Administrators:

I am deeply concerned about the proposed changes to the use of park areas, particularly in the District of Columbia.

The park areas of the nation’s capital have historically been a venue for protest by citizens concerned about government policy and cultural institutions. In our fast-moving times, it is essential for these areas to be made available on a timely basis for marches, rallies, and protests.

The proposed changes amount to a threat to free expression, which is protected by the first amendment to the constitution.

Stefan Jones,
Hillsboro OR

11 Likes

There is a COMMENT button at the top right hand side on the proposed regulation page from 1st link (I missed it at first.)

For those who wish to comment:

4 Likes

It’s especially egregious that they’re proposing to limit protesting around the monument to MLK Jr., since the proposed limits would prevent MLK Jr.'s famous march on Watchington.

12 Likes

Ah good. Rules to return to civility - where the peasants can’t protest the removal of their right to protest because of the removal of their right to protest!

7 Likes

I totally love that Oregon’s senator is getting the word out.

6 Likes

I wonder what what the NPS stance on guillotines is?

4 Likes

So just move the protests to in front of the Russian embassy. Same diff.

5 Likes

Comments will be considered a form of protest, and will not be allowed unless a permit for them is applied for and paid in advance.

3 Likes

Gentrification.

3 Likes

as if they’ve considered anything said thus far

How did Oregon manage to get two excellent Senators? That’s cheating somehow!

eta: Do they steal all the sane ones from Wisconsin?

3 Likes

No concealed carry.

3 Likes

Oh.

/puts butterfly-guillotine back in the drawer.

3 Likes

Thanks for posting this. I copied it verbatim, well except used my name. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I got mine in too.

Who’d want to conceal something as fabulous as this:

937db5874af632e6584b44f9901a2dfa

“Guillotine: pour homme ou femme”

5 Likes

Unisex. 

1 Like