Nation Park Service on the verge of blocking most White House protests: comments due by MONDAY!

Comments. Yeah that’ll help… Remember “free speech zones” with GWB? They do what they want. Sorry to sound like a pessimist, cant protest in front of da club son!

Done, It took two minutes. You can submit an anonymous comment if you prefer not to leave your name.

3 Likes

The Willamette Valley seems to be the refuge of all the leftists from middle America combined with California transplants. I’m surprised the Republican gubernatorial candidate is polling as well as he is considering it’s so liberal here.

Couldn’t they just go down the middle and have a free speech cage in an alley by a dumpster?

1 Like

Under the proposed new rules, protests around the White House and the National Mall would require permits, protestors would be barred from the sidewalk north of the White House. The proposal also seeks public comment on charging protesters fees for permits to gather.

I think of this and then remember the fishwives of Paris. Demands for permits would not have stopped them. http://www.onthisdeity.com/5th-october-1789-–-the-womens-march-on-versailles/ (inspiring!)

I wonder if these restrictions would have / could have stopped the women’s march of January 2017.

That’s a telling statement. If I lived in America, I’d also be afraid of criticizing the government. Land of the free, indeed.

Permits imply permission can be given but one does not need permission to exercise fundamental rights. The government is not the source of your rights. It is however prohibited from denying you those rights. Unless they want to form a constitutional convention to overturn the first amendment this isn’t going to end well. The resulting lawsuits should be good entertainment.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.