WATCH LIVE: Trump rioters break through barrier and are attempting to break into the Capitol

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/06/watch-live-trump-rioters-break-through-barrier-and-are-attempting-to-break-into-the-capitol.html

7 Likes

BLM protesters and other progressives were tear-gassed for a helluva lot less than this.

83 Likes

Gas them and arrest them!!! Please oh please, we need to see their swollen, weepy eyes as they are being boarded into the paddy wagons. These jerks GOT TA GO.

26 Likes

Taken from my Twitter: Can’t tell if these are DC or Capitol Police. Different groups, different tactics. Generally DC police allow groups to gather and protest peacefully. It’s different when destruction of property starts. A lot of the police violence in DC were Park Police or Feds over the summer.

DC Police have very progressive rules regarding 1st Amendment Protests in DC, and how they are handled, including no hidden badges/names. They ain’t perfect, but overall DC is better able to handle protests and gatherings than anywhere else. Groups gather daily in DC.

This applies only to DC Metro PD, not Capitol or Park Police, or any Fed agency or group. Remember, DC doesn’t get to rule itself like most states. https://code.dccouncil.us/dc/council/code/sections/5-331.16.html

No, I’m not onsite, I’m not stupid enough to go downtown with PBs around. But am speaking as someone who has proudly lived here over 10+ years, less than 6 blocks from the White House. I am biased, I do like my city, flaws and all!

43 Likes

It is a great city! Stay safe.

27 Likes

Man, for making such noises about being a “law and order” president, he sure does generate a lot of crime and chaos.

49 Likes

Waiting for the videos of cops driving their cars through the crowd, beating on the white folks with billy clubs. Waiting for Tom Cotton to demand the military take control of the streets. Waiting and waiting.

45 Likes

Do Blue Lives still matter? Or am I behind the times?

11 Likes

Nope. Not to PB.
To clarify: not if they uphold actual law and order, they don’t. If they use their position of power and tax-payer funded weapons to uphold oppression, then they still “matter” to the PB, I’m guessing.

14 Likes

If I recall, some legislators were urging police to shoot live rounds at BLM and “antifa.” Is that still a thing? Or IOKIYAR?

14 Likes

10 Likes

I really hope these are only the dying spasms of trumpism.

19 Likes

360bd733-2f59-4af7-ad86-e541598f27d8

9 Likes

Sooooo… Bernie is too radical huh?

24 Likes

stream offline right after I tuned in. not sure if disappointed or relieved
edit: oh yay? I guess it was just twitch collapsing

2 Likes

Holly crap - did I just see some kind of sniper tower with trump banners on it? Like some kind of siege machine?

7 Likes

It probably is. Next it will be Tom Cottonism, or Tucker Carlsonism, or whatever. Next verse mostly the same as the first.

10 Likes

That’s what “law and order” means, not upholding the law but upholding the established social (and racial) order.

13 Likes

their youtube stream is doing equally poorly with the connection https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dGyEhnhGdw

2 Likes
14 Likes