Navy SEAL team tech

I like how the real ones are all like:
Nice earbuds.
Small blinking lights.
Waterproof gps!
Grappling hook gun (ok that’s kinda badass)

And the DARPA ones are all:
Robot mule!
Transformer car!
Exoskeleton!

1 Like

So they were probably used to murder civilians in Fallujah? Excuse me while I throw up.

Wow - you really had to connect a lot of dots that weren’t there to come up with that statement.

1 Like

conspiracy theory is a powerful tool for connecting the dots.

euansmith:
Is the intention to replace existing limbs with cyber limbs or is this a replacement system to retain damaged human resources?

At this point it’s just an improved prosthetic, nothing anyone would voluntarily choose instead of their real arm.

Does it function without a mains extension lead?

Useless if it doesn’t.

1 Like

[heart]

1 Like

Are you saying that SEALs did not participate in the raid on Fallujah in 2004 or are you saing that civilians were not murdered during that raid? Since the US’ presence in Iraq at the time was flat out illegal and against the wishes of people in the area, there can be no question about excusable “collateral damage”, you’re not saying that avoidable civilian deaths were not “murder”.

So still, it seems this article displays a lot of nice gadgets which come in handy for murdering civilians. Excuse me while I throw up(2).

A combat identification marker helps a soldier distinguish between a friendly man with a gun and a hostile man with a gun. Civilians who point guns at soldiers (particularly in wartime) risk getting shot.

I thought the Navy Seal’s raison d’etre was the promotion of online fitness programs?

3 Likes

So: No civilans were killed during the raid on Fallujah unless they were waving guns? Or at least not by SEALs, is what you’re saying?

Hello,

Some items are. A lot are not, though, but are instead developed by small businesses who design and manufacturer the gear themselves, taking on a massive gamble that the investment in time and money is going to pay off with a contract to supply them.

[mod edit: removed signature]

They got what they deserved for bombing the Towers and building WMDs.

Of course you are right. There will never be an end to the businesses looking to get some sweet defense contract money. Blood money is the best money… right?

No Iraqis were involved in bombing the towers. And Iraq had no WMD at the time of the American invasion.

2 Likes

I’m British so I assumed he wasn’t being serious.

4 Likes

Actually, I returned to this post now because I wanted to write something to the effect that it just dawned on me it was irony. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Some years ago there was a lovely TV documentary series from the BBC following the work of various teams from DERA (the UK’s cut prince version of DARPA).

It featured FIST (Future Infantry Soldier Technology) which was basically a project created by some guys who’d watched Aliens. They created a helmet mounted HUD to project waypoints into the wearer’s vision. The squaddies said they preferred to use a map and compass.

They also over saw the dropping of a laser guided bomb from a Tornado (a gift from the Big Boys across the Pond). The bomb worked fine, but the pilot forgot to switch on the recording systems.

Their pièce de résistance was a subaquatic drone to carry a ground penetrating radar to covertly survey beaches. They purchased a commercially available radar which performed flawlessly, and limited themselves to creating the vehicle. This was a qualified success as a submersible as it sank…

A liger is a half lion, half tiger and are not mythological. A ligger on the other hand his someone who blags entrance to parties and gigs.

The soldiers may have had eye dominance problems.
There is a solution.

3 Likes

Proto 2. A thought-controlled prosthetic arm that can perform twenty-five joint functions. User will be able to play piano, pick up a ping pong ball, and sip coffee. Scheduled for use by 2015.

Play the piano? Great! I never could before!

3 Likes