NBC wanted The Walking Dead, but without the zombies

Thats interesting, possibly more terrifying too. zombie, but aware of it and having no control shudder

I still find the best zombie concept to be the one used by the last of us game though, for it’s based off something that already exists in nature…

3 Likes

The supernatural cop buddy procedural thing has totally jumped the shark. I like Forever Knight vampire cop in the 90’s, but now it’s immortals (at least 3 shows), zombies and even Satan himself gumshoeing around.

I just can’t do the procedural anymore. I REALLY want to like Ripper Street, I love period stuff and I’d watch Jerome Flynn (Bronn) in anything, but I can’t take it.

4 Likes

If we’re going to revamp shitty cop/crime shows from yesteryear then i need Manimal to be a thing again.

11 Likes

I guess I don’t watch many police procedural in general, so I’m not necessarily done with the genre. I’ve found i-Zombie interesting enough to enjoy though. Is the Satan one Lucifer? That’s loosely based on Lucifer in Sandman right? Or are you talking about another show…

Indeed! Him and Jonathan Banks need a show together! What should we cast them in? what kind of show, I mean?

5 Likes

No… no you don’t. You think you do, but you really don’t… :wink:

It’s just so awful if they revamped it they would accidentally make a good show. My logic is infallible… or delusional.

1 Like

I’m going with the latter! :wink:

1 Like

Mismatch buddy cop procedural, obviously. :tired_face:

Seriously: They’re on a treasure hunt through post-apocalypsia. A perfect scenario limited only by the TV writer’s imagination!! Oh. Right. Forget it.

2 Likes

Just needs a brown instagram filter.

Shouldn’t the city-enveloping foliage from some other sources of post-apocalyptic concept art have begun to grow after two hundred years?

4 Likes

I play fallout4 with a mod adding a lot of grass and suchlike to the game, makes it look so much better and a fair bit more realistic in my opinion :slight_smile:

11 Likes

As someone who typically binge watches shows now, I have found iZombie to not be Binge-able for me.

I Like it. I’m making my way through it. But One Episode at a time.

I’m not sure why. Perhaps it’s not familiar enough to be background TV (e.g. - Agents of Shield) but not engaging enough to be Marathon worthy (e.g. - Stranger Things)

3 Likes

Ah, Manimal. I’d had … fond isn’t quite the right word, but we’ll go with generally positive memories of Manimal.

Until the Internet. And YouTube or some other video site.

< shudder >

It was enough to make me not look up Automan.

3 Likes

“This Fallout pitch sounds great, but ratings show the viewers don’t like zombies, mutants, robots, crab creatures, lizard monsters, nuclear bunkers, giant insects, or ruins. What if we shoot it with puppies on a miniature football field instead?”

9 Likes

Would be good to have seen Master Winters in a dramatic role.

2 Likes

Can I just take a moment to note what a terrible idea the “Borg Queen” character was? One of the key things that made the Borg so scary and alien is that they had a hive mind with no hierarchy or central authority figures. Revealing that they were all working for some sinister matriarch just turned them into another brainwashed minion army.

17 Likes

This isn’t as much a story as you’d think, producers basically ask “does there have to be ________” about everything. What leeway do we have over creative? What can we swap out when the time comes? What if something else ends up being hotter, pirates, can we just swap them in? You tell them a scene takes place on a boat and they instantly say “does it have to be on a boat? How big of a boat? Can we do it belowdecks and fake it? Can it be in a kitchen?” They want to know how much flexibility there is or do they need to call boat companies right now?

“How important exactly are the zombies to you?” is the question. I guarantee they asked James Cameron if he really needed a boat for Titanic the same way.

5 Likes

Shoot, you might end up with Death Valley ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Valley_(TV_series) )

I’m no MTV fan and didn’t discover this until it was on Netflix but watched a number of episodes and honestly? Was fairly impressed. They juggled their tropes well. Wish it hadn’t been canceled.

Basically the plot was nanites stop electricity working so now you have a civil war society accept with half a dozen different countrys in the us. Oh and everyone fights with swords.

Why have I never heard of this? I was in a lot of video stores, pretty fucking high looking for stupid movies right about this time, and yet never even came across this? I know I didn’t, cos I’d most definitely have watched it if I had.

2 Likes

Prion disease, however, might explain TV execs. Ought to take a look in their fridges (actually, there’s a TV show idea right there).

3 Likes