Nestflix: Hilarious streaming service for fake movies and TV shows within real movies and TV shows

Thanks! Maybe it was just the search function that disappointed me. :crazy_face:

Given Jeff Goldblum’s involvement in that episode I have always wondered if there was some kind of entertainment alchemy going on there with his film The Tall Guy, which features the musical Elephant! based on The Elephant Man

1 Like

they have Logjammin’ and Invitation To Love but missing a young woman’s erotic journey from Milan to Minsk: Rochelle Rochelle.

and one of my favorites, Immitation of Mink (a Lush Budgett production):

from What a Way to Go

7 Likes

Mutants of 2051AD!!!

3 Likes

Plenty of episodes of that on YouTube.

My husband gave me a movie crew t-shirt for The Rural Juror and somebody came up to me in a Starbucks and mentioned that they hadn’t heard of it. I felt bad when I had to explain the 30 Rock connection. She seemed so sincere.

But very glad to see it on Nestflix!

8 Likes

rur jur.

3 Likes

Can’t find Cleopatra Schwartz.

1 Like

Take off!

1 Like

One of my favorite Shirley MacLaine movies. Couldn’t watch that without thinking, “Melrose?!” :rofl:

2 Likes

It would be fun* to put together something, maybe using the Playbill format, to collect the fake plays and musicals inside movies and TV shows. STPotA, as you mentioned, Hamlet 2, Elephant!, the play in Thor:Ragnarok, etc.

I am sure there are hundreds of others.

*By “fun” I mean a punishing amount of work

3 Likes

I just found this page: Contribute - Nestflix which specifically mentions Rochelle, Rochelle being missing and then lists criteria for what gets listed and what doesn’t:

• Must be fictional (not characters watching a real film, not a recreation of a real film)
  • Must show actual footage (not just mentioned in dialogue or seen in a poster)
  • Not a news or morning show (for now, this might change)

I imagine Rochelle, Rochelle falls foul of the second item.

3 Likes

And despite this, on the Github page there is a request to add Rochelle Rochelle

true, but there is footage of the stage adaptation of it , or at least Elaine sitting in the audience… yeah, maybe not

2 Likes

Looked for “Teens speak out”, from “To die For.” Does it not count?

1 Like

Searched for the show from Reality Bites aired on the In Your Face channel at the end of the movie, but got no results. Cannot remember the title. :woman_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.