Nestflix - movies and TV shows that exist solely inside real movies and TV shows

Originally published at: Nestflix – movies and TV shows that exist solely inside real movies and TV shows | Boing Boing

2 Likes

3 Likes

Reboingflix:

11 Likes

No flix in my nest please.

2 Likes

Uhhh. . . “I’d buy that for a dollar!”

3 Likes

‘Rochelle, Rochelle’ and ‘Prognosis Negative’ …two movies that only exist in the Seinfeld universe.

3 Likes

I was actually thinking about those two “movies” recently, the names seem so obviously made-up in the show that they are almost a joke as well.

“Rochelle, Rochelle” always makes me think of “Europa, Europa” which came out a few years before than that episode.

4 Likes

WTF? No Cockpuncher?

6 Likes

didn’t you guys post this just last week?

1 Like

It’s a classic, you never seen it?

1 Like

Don’t forget “Chunnel” and “Death Blow”.

1 Like

Issue #254 on the github page

2 Likes

sounds like a fascinating film

According to an interview with Terry Gross on NPR, Prognosis Negative “…is about a single guy who is unable to commit to a relationship. He finds out an ex-girlfriend has six months to live and decides it’s perfect…he can commit without worrying about the long term consequences.”

3 Likes

Would it kill them to link to the ones that actually had some footage?
McBain (The Full Movie, High Quality, Widescre

4 Likes

And as for “Rochelle, Rochelle” allow me to link to myself in the other thread:

I would watch the shit out of some Lucas Lee movies!

1 Like

this is great, I thought of some others, but when I went to the previous thread, it had been locked nine hours prior. so now I can put them here.

the following aren’t listed on nestflix (I don’t think)

But Hollywood Shuffle is full of shows-within-shows as the whole plot. it’s hard to believe the Nestflix people mined UHF and the Simpsons etc but skipped HS.

4 Likes

Ironically, Venus on the Half Shell does exist outside God Bless You, Mr.Rosewater - the God King Emperor of fanfic writers, Philip Jose Farmer, actually wrote a book by this title in homage to Vonnegut

6 Likes

Or “Would you buy that for a quarter?” for traditionalists.

Also too “Ow! My balls!”

I did read that novel, and in the foreword of the version I read Philip Jose Farmer recounts as best as he can still recall how he actually asked Kurt Vonnegut for permission first, and in the first print runs he didn’t reveal that he was Kilgore Trout. He did come forward after fans kept pestering Kurt about it, and (again, according to PJF) it caused a falling out between the two authors.

For the record, it is a fun little jaunt, and PJF does manage to do a nice pastiche of how Kilgore Trout would have written.

5 Likes