Nestflix - movies and TV shows that exist solely inside real movies and TV shows

And then Bette Midler sang the song in the hospital with Kramer.
This site is pretty fun, I’m enjoying trying to figure out which ones I’ve seen. The first one I noticed was “Satan’s Ally” from Tropic Thunder. Man, I love that movie.

4 Likes

It would be great if these film makers would release whatever it was they did make for the movies.

Bandersnatch almost included an entire movie within it’s choose-your-own-adventure movie, but decided against it because some dumbass would watch it through looking for clues that aren’t there: Black Mirror Bandersnatch Almost Hid An Entire Feature Film Inside It | IndieWire

1 Like

No ‘Sick, Sad World’?

How about a couple of the many versions of See You Next Wednesday?

30 Rock may have been the king of this.

6 Likes

Family Guy 28
Simpsons 52
30 Rock 21

2 Likes

I want to point out that the movie Elephant by van Sant has the kids play a video game that doesn’t actually exist. Gus paid two people I know to make the silly game so he wouldn’t have to negotiate with game makers.

5 Likes

I SAW Prom Queen Mutilator, 5 stars, would recommend.

1 Like

2 Likes

I was saddened by the omission of Serial Ape-ist, and especially of Serial Ape-ist 2: Monkey See, Monkey Kill.

Yup.

First thing I thought of was the Navidson Record; that’s in a book, though. Maybe.

I had to check and make sure that Wheel of Fish is in there. It is. Missing The Money Programe from Monty Python, though. https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2hwqky

1 Like

Wait. They think “Sick Sad World” is a documentary?

I was disappointed to see my favorite game show missing, Pig in a Poke

1 Like

That’s a parody, not a fictional show.

2 Likes

There’s a fair few games with nested shows and / or films in too.

Remedy are particularly fond of them, with Lords and Ladies from the first Max Payne probably being the most famous example.

And then there’s The Darkness, in which you can watch numerous real movies and shows in full, including To Kill a Mockingbird.

I get the feeling they wanted to do more of this kind of thing in Cyberpunk 2077 too, but ran out of time.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.