Netflix grows out of Arrested Development: Streaming service to remove series from its library

Originally published at: Netflix grows out of Arrested Development: Streaming service to remove series from its library | Boing Boing

1 Like

Why, what could it cost to maintain, 10 dollars?

19 Likes

They they had to cancel it after they tried to film a season in England and all the bathrooms on set became infested by seals

4 Likes

Well that’s sad. It’s a great show. I was late to the party and saw it on reruns first. I think I have the first 2 or 3 season on DVD, somewhere.

Fair enough, once you’ve got a loose seal…

6 Likes

Or loo seals - either is very bad

6 Likes

bode-does-not-bode-well

There was a season 5?! The season 4 they did was so off-putting and disappointing that I stopped looking after that. I guess I’ll go watch it just because while I still can.

I don’t really fault Netflix. Reboots or relaunches of those “lightning in a bottle” shows is really difficult. Much like Veronica Mars and other shows that have tried it, the result is always a little underwhelming. The magic is gone.

6 Likes

I enjoyed season 4, but I also have not found a single piece of media containing Maria Bamford that I don’t love, so I cannot be trusted.

Speaking of Maria Bamford…

3 Likes

unimpressed arrested development GIF

1 Like

This won’t be the end! Arrested Development will always find a way to make a nu start!

6 Likes

Turns out there was NOT “always money in the banana stand.”

2 Likes

Netflix:

Arrested Development Mistake GIF

3 Likes

3 Likes

Does this mean that seasons 4 and 5 are going away too? Why? I thought they owned the show.

I’m one of the few who actually enjoyed those last two seasons. Not nearly as great as the first three, but still fun. I’m in the middle of re-watching season 5 with the kiddos. I guess we need to hurry up now.

1 Like

Netflix: “We’re very sorry.”
Ron Howard: “They weren’t.”

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.