New book from UK politician has at least 20 plagiarized passages

Originally published at: New book from UK politician has at least 20 plagiarized passages | Boing Boing

4 Likes

There’s something deliciously stupid and Iannuci-esque about it.

Obligatory:

7 Likes

Is this a self published book? What book publisher isn’t using tools widely available to check this sort of thing?

7 Likes

I wonder if Reeves will blame ChatGTP?

In the annals of history, the narratives of great minds have often been dominated by men. The towering figures of economics, those who have shaped the way we think about wealth, scarcity, and prosperity, have traditionally borne male names. Yet, as we delve into the rich tapestry of economic thought, it becomes abundantly clear that women have made profound and lasting contributions to the field of economics.

In “Women Who Made Modern Economics,” we embark on a journey through the lives and ideas of remarkable women who, despite the prevailing norms and biases of their times, pushed the boundaries of economic theory, policy, and practice. Their stories are not merely tales of perseverance and resilience; they are narratives of intellectual brilliance that have left an indelible mark on the way we understand and navigate the economic world.

From the trailblazing Mary Wollstonecraft, who argued for the economic and social empowerment of women in the 18th century, to the Nobel laureate Elinor Ostrom, whose work transformed our understanding of common-pool resources in the 21st century, this book celebrates the diversity of thought and the enduring impact of women in economics. We explore the lives and ideas of women who challenged the status quo, shattered glass ceilings, and, in doing so, expanded the horizons of economic inquiry.

5 Likes

Anyone would be better than the shower of bastards we have at the moment, but I’m HIGHLY suspicious of Starmer and his cronies, especially after watching this:

The stuff about Angela Eagle and Wallasey in particular made me furious.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.