New Disney+ promo video fails to mention The Million Dollar Duck

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/14/new-disney-promo-video-fails.html

3 Likes

What about Candleshoe??

9 Likes

Or “The Cat from Outer Space”?

17 Likes

Good news! It’s on THE LIST.
Along with The Cat from Outer Space, Candleshoe, Blackbeard’s Ghost, and Herbie Goes Bananas, thank heavens.
But a total lack of Condorman!!

10 Likes

Now that’s just criminal. The Condormobile deserves to not fade away into obscurity!

11 Likes

Or The Boatniks?
boatniks

5 Likes

Disney used to milk those old movies, limited release and expensive. But in recent years they’ve opened uo, though nit completely.

I got some of the classics, “20,000 Leagues Under the Sea” and “The Moon Spinners” about a decade ago fir about $15 each. A few years ago I got a Kurt Russell four pack with three Medfield College films (including the Tennis Shies one), and I guess “The Horse in tge Grey Flannel Suit” where he’s incidental.

I got a used four pack but then discovered "Darby O’Gill and “The Gnomemobile” DVDs were missing.

I also got “The Boatniks” and “Robin Crusoe USN” , and “The Snowball Express”, not great but a reminder of when Disney films were what I saw, either at the theatre or on the TV show.

There are others available at decent prices.

But not everything is available. I’d love to get "The Scarecrow of Romney and “The Fighting Prince of Donegal” which I saw as a kid but that was decades ago. And some I never saw, “The Secret of Boyne Castle” and “The Treasure of San Boscoe Reef” though I have no idea how I never saw them.

4 Likes

I have The Boatniks on DVD. I had a comic book back when it came out, but I don’t think I saw the movie until much later, on tv. The package, however doesn’t include that poster, which I don’t remember.

3 Likes

Edit: oh, it’s on the list! Great!

8 Likes

For some reason The Boatniks is one of the movies they would show in elementary school when recess was rained out.

2 Likes

It’s “The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes”.

And it’s some of Kurt Russell’s best work.

6 Likes

My school would show Tron on the last day of school, in the cafeteria. Most of the kids had zero interest and would talk over it, which annoyed me greatly. I never got the full dialog until many years later, when I realized I wasn’t missing as much as I thought.

6 Likes

43 posts were split to a new topic: Should Disney release “Song of the South”?

Things missing that actually matter to some in my household

• Sheriff Callie
  • Doc McStuffins
  • Tinkerbell - 3 listed, 3 missing + shorts

Kinda disappointed in the missing Tink…they’re surprisingly not terrible.
/one for the thumb!

1 Like

Yup, can’t wait! :grin:

2 Likes

What you gave said is true and good, and Boing Boing is the better for it. Thank you.

5 Likes

Sigh. At least I still have this, jealously guarded since that fateful trip to Baskin Robbins in 1981:

7 Likes

its promo video.

They dropped the ball here, too.

Living in Tijuana, I get sent to Disney Latino, with no promo video or any sort of language choice (where the corporate page gives language options, but not the promotions page).

4 Likes

My family will have to wait for that Haley Mills marathon. The list is missing Pollyanna, In Search of the Castaways, Summer Magic, and The Moon-Spinners. At least they have The Parent Trap and That Darn Cat.

2 Likes

I loved that movie as a kid, thanks for reminding me about it. I’ll be streaming that with my partner for sure. :smiley:

7 Likes