New erectile dysfunction drug: "possibly the first time in history that a company has knowingly commercialized a placebo"

You don’t need to look any further than the substitutes for Sudafed for pharmaceutically produced drugs that are placebos. The so-called Sudafed PE doesn’t work any better than a placebo.

The pharmaceutical industry is perfectly aware of this fact. It’s nonsense that the ED drug is the first knowingly sold placebo by a pharmaceutical company.

https://www.jwatch.org/na39054/2015/09/17/phenylephrine-no-more-effective-placebo-nasal-congestion

People will sinus congestion need access to real Sudafed

6 Likes

In the 1970s, the back pages of Penthouse had many ads for “Spanish Fly”. One company, mindful of the laws against false claims, got around it in a creative way. Their ad had a banner, Fantastic PLACEBO Sex Aids!

I admired their perverse creativity. As PT Barnum famously said, “This way to the egress”.

4 Likes

3 Likes

What I remember is “Specious sex aid.” A somewhat more clever wording.

2 Likes

So this gives new meaning to the term “blow job”?

1 Like

I wonder if anyone has trademarked the word “Placeboner” yet.

3 Likes

If you look at the data for many male-oriented medical products (ED, hair loss, etc.) they seem to show an advantage over the placebo, but they also tend to show a strong placebo effect in the control group. Why do you think they named it after Niagara?

I do remember this ad from back in the day…

Clearly we’re going to need volunteers for a double blinded study.

Who wants to procure the MED3000?

We’ll need to split up all volunteers into four groups: people with penises just hanging out. People with penises with goo glopped on them (no rubbing). People with goo and rubbing. And… a just rubbing group.

Alright. Now for some volunteers and blindfolds…

2 Likes

I thought for sure this was a BBShop article

6 Likes

They missed out on the perfect product name: “Placeb-OHHHH!”

3 Likes

I have to say that vitamin bs and omega threes changed my life. A complete bonehead without them* (and proper sleep).It’s like a socially acceptable speed… turns out the cheaper vitamin bs had speed in them… definitely not a placebo and way worse for your kidneys and liver.
*still a bonehead

Is this really even the placebo effect? Applying the stuff involves rubbing the glans and rubbing the glans…makes things happen.

They talk about a “unique evaporative mode of action,” but it sounds to me like the rubbing is doing the heavy lifting.

2 Likes

Well, quite. So, if you apply lubricant to your penis and rub it, it becomes erect? Who knew?

1 Like

Well, maybe I want expensive pee?

4 Likes

MED3000 is a gel that’s rubbed on the head of the penis to improve erections.

Are we sure this isn’t a move on the part of Futura Medical to re-patent lube?

2 Likes

I think we have a serious mis-match between “acupuncture” and “apply to head of penis”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.