New guesses at MH370's location, mapped

[Read the post]

1 Like

Thought. There’s a lot of satellite imagery of the seas from the time of crash. I think there was some crowdsourced attempt of search.

Could the images from then be coupled with the data from now, and look at them again?

I think they don’t know exactly when the crash was, and a splash would only be evident for a few minutes.

That’s a hell of a haystack.

1 Like

The splash vanishes quickly. The floating debris lasts for days to weeks.

1 Like

Good point.

Yeah but the flaperon would probably have floated mostly submerged, and so little debris has been found that the aircraft must have sunk almost intact.,

1 Like

There’s a lot of bright-colored debris in the hull. If it disintegrated at least somewhat, which the fragments suggest, there should be a patch, albeit short-lived, of stuff on the sea. Many things float poorly but many float pretty well (and get dispersed quickly by wind).

1 Like

In addition to a phylogenetic study of the barnacles, I wonder if their stable isotopic ratios could be studied to identify where the scant debris was colonized; presumably this would have happened shortly after the plane crashed. I think barnacles can be aged too, so looking at the total diversity of barnacles and their age structure might provide some insight.

1 Like

Maybe this will help. . .
The driving force for densification is the change in free energy from the decrease in surface area and lowering of the surface free energy by the replacement of solid-vapor interfaces.

Maybe this will help. . .
The driving force for densification is the change in free energy from the decrease in surface area and lowering of the surface free energy by the replacement of solid-vapor interfaces.

You posted this in the wrong thread. It is more germane to the Weirdest Border Enclave
story.

This needs a map.

Location of Réunion

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.