New oven to bake bread in space

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/06/30/how-to-bake-bread-in-space.html

3 Likes

transcending that whole “eating thing” is the long term solution

5 Likes

“Space Bread”, yes I’d eat that. BTW: Is it gluten free?

3 Likes

So, Breatharians … In … SPAAAAAAACE!!! ?

3 Likes

"(See the below photo of a rather unappetizing tortilla cheeseburger on the International Space Station.) "

I’m 19 days into a diet that excludes grains, I would kill for that tortilla cheeseburger.

And I love that oven! Please tell me it will make the whole space station smell like baked bread… win win.

3 Likes

Oh man, this is big. If astro-baking is such a hassle, I might have to rethink my desire to colonize space.

4 Likes

Clearly that is a foteau of a tumble-drier. You have been pwned.

2 Likes

Why am I not surprised that it’s Gemans who need bread in space.

Is the beer in space problem already solved?

1 Like

Not a problem if your space colonies have a reasonable amount of gravity.

MREs = Meals Returned to Earth?

1 Like

Apparently carbonated beverages are problematic in microgravity because it’s hard to burp when gases don’t float “up.”

It’s amazing they were able to get Germans into space at all.

2 Likes

I’m just glad that people are devoting the proper attention to the importance of maintaining fungus/human collaboration in space.

2 Likes

Hey! why did Paul Ryan get to go to space!

1 Like

Solar observatory as with ‘Solaris’ with alt. bread oven use (and atmosphere VOC aggregation/conversion/burn to add finish.) Or fail. Don’t care if it’s an inflatable grilling mat or not; maybe double as a veg. grill. That pictured thing looks like it was made by the Apple ‘Screws count as accessory Jewels’ Design peeps and a design school that believes deeply that life is pain.

Either way: I’m looking for a space hotel with a pool. And an Octagon for Fighting! (Robot wrestling Dwarves to spin you around so much it’s like you’ve been in a gravity well, etc.) Focuses in a fraction of deep space instead of sun for that rapid recovery room purpose.

2 Likes

Elon, not going unless we have this.

Can’t you just settle for frozen until you get to Marsport?

1 Like

because the French have already settled Mars?

What’s wrong with a tortilla cheeseburger? Tonight I’ll have a corndog burrito and raise it in a salute to space.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.