New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' tv trailer

I just want to know…

WHY IS SHE WHISPERING?

2 Likes

Because drama, Nime. That’s the cocaine of the masses.

I thought that was religion…

1 Like

Bah, people spend more time watching televised, dramatic recreations of their fav cat videos than they do their religious whats-its and whose-its.

1 Like

You shut your mynock invested mouth!

4 Likes

Or, and I’m just brainstorming here, but…what about updating the AT-AT?
More guns? More legs, maybe? A tiny bay on the back for snub fighter-type drones?

You can’t update it when it predates Hoth, but they were transports, so they could transports lots of things. I have seen variants full of scouts on bikes.

Also, in the new film, they have a variant with the orange side. Not sure how they are supposed to work, I think it is like those giant helicopters that is nothing but an open spot to hold a cargo block. I think the orange section comes out whole. Not sure though.

Most things in Star Wars lack practicality, yet they still have an air of realism and awesomeness.

2 Likes

It’s all the exposed pipes and wiring. It makes me feel like the ships and such could be real, that each piece has a valid function unlike most sci-fi, where its all blinky scifi lights and static lamps clearly purchased from the novelty shop down the street from me.

I liked the novel Death Star where it was known and through a combination of bureaucracy and a bit of bad luck, it never got shielded even though it was supposed to.

1 Like

I had time to look it up.

Basically it is like this thing:

The new ones in the trailer are AT-ACT - Armored Cargo Transport.

The All Terrain Armored Cargo Transport (AT-ACT)[5] was a larger version of the standard All Terrain Armored Transport combat walker that featured a dedicated cargo bed for the transportation of heavy building materials or combat munitions. It was deployed at major Imperial construction projects, such as shipyards and sprawling research installations.

That makes it sound like that orange part in the middle will just drop/lower down, and bam, you have a mobile base or other construction component set up. But the toys they have shown have it more like the traditional one, where it opens up with trooops. But it is a transport, so maybe both?

2 Likes

The Phantom Menace is of course awful, but at least it didn’t have another Death Star in it.

5 Likes

I am really ok with this one, as it tells the story of getting the plans.

The rehash in TFA was too similar, too safe - rather lazy story telling.

Still - the pacing, dialog, action, and look was better than the previews.

3 Likes

A few nice exhaust ports? Maybe one without, y’know, shielding?

4 Likes

It has heavy armor.

1 Like

It kind of did — the station Anakin blows up had that one weak point.

2 Likes

“Heavy armor,” sure. Yet one lightsaber flick to the underside is enough to open the thing up like a Taun Taun piñata.

2 Likes

The soft underbelly is soft. Also it’s like the last lightsaber in the galaxy. Who knew it would be used against an AT-AT.

Also the easiest part of the thing for ground troops to shoot at.

2 Likes

Opiates are basically the opposite of cocaine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.