New Roku Premier is more of the same awesome

Heh.

The Roku 2 upstairs has no separate profiles, so mine is the default.

And that’s the one the kids use upstairs.

3 Likes

One of the most useful threads I’ve read in a long while. Thanks everyone! :slight_smile:

1 Like

We have a Roku 2, an Amazon Fire Stick, and a Raspberry Pi running Kodi, sometimes all operating simultaneously through an hdmi switcher. The Roku is slow on some things but has good video output and excellent interfaces on the services we use (except it does not support Prime music), the Pi has the nicest video output but is grossly underpowered, the Fire Stick was cheap and is impressive in operation (and it was easy to sideload Kodi onto it) but the video output seems a little ‘soft’.

The fact that the Roku can’t handle the Prime music and can’t run Kodi are reasons why, if I had it to do over again, I would never have bought a Roku and would simply have bought the best Amazon device instead.

[quote=“vonbobo, post:11, topic:88609”]
My Roku 3 has huge (bummer when accidently hit) app specific launch buttons on the bottom of the remote. Surely there is some behind the curtain exclusivity rights going on there. (One day I will disassemble the remote and remove those buttons)[/quote]
The companies whose names appear on the buttons have paid for that placement. Roku used to claim that the buttons were locked in and couldn’t be configured, but on my remote the button for Blockbuster now goes to Sling, so someone reconfigured it. I’ve had to open the remote before (to repair the volume control button), but I forgot to tape over the contacts on the remote PCB for the unused buttons. Next time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.