New video series takes a hard look at the pathetic influencers of the manosphere

9 Likes

This was a hilarious takedown, especially when she got to the commenters. Instant subscriber.

2 Likes

26 posts were split to a new topic: Burden of proof and justification for rape accusations

I’m so glad she is doing this. Instagram is teeming with these posturing goobers. In some ways the ‘manosphere’ is not much different than the prosperity gospel except you just swap ‘male entitlement’ for ‘prosperity’.

1 Like

Just be a good person, a responsible adult without losing a sense of play. Easily said, hard to do, but the one thing I found rewarding.

Being comfortable with who you are is the antithesis of what influencers are selling, they want you to be unsatisfied so that they can shape you. To heck with that, just be a happy mutant.

14 Likes

I think Beau of the 5th Column to be a good example of a really manly-man. He seems to take time to listen to people and considered what he says.

13 Likes

5 Likes

The Mr and I are real fans of Beau. Love this guy’s content.

7 Likes

Thanks for the link to that article. I realize I’m no saint, and I have to work on my own shortcomings. But I do like to pretend that I do know what’s good and right, and that’s the direction I’d like to see my boy go.

After posting this, I had lunch with him today and asked if he knew anything about this ‘manosphere’ thing. He didn’t know what I was talking about until I struggled to describe it. He then knew what I was referring to and even was familiar with the guy this lady, in her video, was critiquing. I asked and he confirmed that he’s not into this stuff and knows it’s a huge load of crap. Whew.

11 Likes

I see women turn their heads and purrr when a bulked-up DB meathead goes by . I don’t get it. It isn’t jealousy - I’m no fine specimen, but there’s nothing about those guys I care to have/be. In fact, I might just blow them a kiss to get them riled up.

Embrace your true inner-self.

EDIT - image changed.

Your inner true self is a rapist?

15 Likes

Dude, no. Just no.

13 Likes

Not a Good Look

12 Likes

Ewwww.

Fixed.

1 Like

I don’t think it was just the image that people were objecting to. Your text was pretty toxic. Women (and for that matter, all people) like what they like. Your objection to that is the same kind of misogyny as the Stage 1 incels who are the target of criticism in the linked video.

10 Likes

Correct; all of it, from tone to content, sends up a huge red warning flag.

9 Likes

mood GIF

10 Likes

Can we please take a moment to admire the sheer bravery of this woman?

Going after that community is absolutely dangerous. It is filled with people who will drop everything just to track you down and harass you. They will engage their numbered ch@ns of tr0lls to find you and wage war on your life. They will make ruining you their sole project just for saying anything negative about this “manosphere” world.

I salute you, CC Suarez, for taking this on. Thank you.

17 Likes

Like this? I’m gonna say… Nah.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.