New York City appoints first-ever 'rat czar'

For a country that started itself with a war to get rid of the rule of kings, America sure loves to appoint “Czars”.

7 Likes

I loved that show. And of course Hans Gudegast is now Eric Braeden, aka “Victor” on The Young and the Restless. I guess he thought that “Hans Gudegast” was not a marketable name in the long run.

1 Like

That is incredible.

Unless…Government corruption in action…

Cat Friendship GIF

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

City rats are too big for most cats to attack/kill.

I encourage anyone interested in the history of rat control (especially in NYC) to read Robert Sullivan’s 2004 book Rats: Observations on the History and Habitat of the City’s Most Unwanted Inhabitants. This Rat Czar has her work cut out for her, that’s for sure.

2 Likes

And yet in the south, people complain about these gentrified coyotes in the suburbs and cities. We could solve both problems, I’ll send y’all some genuine Georgia coyotes for a piece of that Rat Czar budget. My backyard one is named Pugsley.

2 Likes

I was picturing like, a representative of the rats to sit down and talk with the humans about territorial disputes. I was disappointed.

5 Likes

That is a delightful idea. The rats really do need a representative.

Oh Really Gremlin GIF - Oh Really Gremlin GIFs|833x468.5625

2 Likes

A rat like Dangerous Beans could do wonders for that city.

3 Likes

And the very interesting

1 Like

I think this is the one that I converted to a NewtonPress document so I could have it on my MessagePad 2100.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.