New York City is hiring for a "bloodthirsty" director of rodent mitigation to deal with the rat problem

Originally published at: New York City is hiring for a "bloodthirsty" director of rodent mitigation to deal with the rat problem | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Sounds like a perfect fit for the Operations Management Terrier.

15 Likes

You call that a rat problem?!

New York City, twinned with Mordheim.

9 Likes

Where, rats?

8 Likes

Somebody call Joe Pera.

In which Joe Pera talks with you about the rat wars of Alberta, Canada.

8 Likes

Rat War? Australia always has to go one weirder.

11 Likes

Did they win??? Trapped, poisoned and even machine-gunned…hope that wasn’t all to the same bird.

7 Likes

Though it cost them dearly, the Emus persist to this day.

11 Likes

Good for them! The rats of Alberta were not so fortunate.

7 Likes

Qualifications also include “proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.”

That’s going to narrow the pool.

7 Likes

LIES! #NotAllRats (/s?)

Seriously, pet rats are wonderful. Just look at this little weirdo:

12 Likes

Ahahahaha no.

We lost decisively, and the Emus rule the land to this day. Because they’re as dumb as bricks too sensible to want the responsibility, they allow Parliament to continue as normal.

16 Likes

Fascinating! Machine-gun-toting mercenary WW1 vets, secession, millinery. Why hasn’t a musical been made of this yet? I want a movie, at least!

That’s too funny

9 Likes

careful, some NYC rats are bigger than others…

11 Likes

16 Likes

Counterpoint:

Martin Shkreli Reaction GIF

5 Likes

You have to be pretty well-versed in the art of Ninjitsu to take on the city’s biggest rats.

9 Likes

Please don’t compare my pet rat to… that

8 Likes

If these guys don´t get paid, they can take harsh measures…

https://tenor.com/YsUO.gif

6 Likes

Do you have what it takes to do the impossible? A virulent vehemence for vermin? A background in
urban planning, project management, or government? And most importantly, the drive, determination
and killer instinct needed to fight the real enemy – New York City’s relentless rat population?

Apart from the urban planning / PM / gov’t background, it sounds exactly like my cat.

8 Likes