NFL rich guy says "Redskins" ok, Cherokee can't hold their whiskey

I also don’t think it’s really much of a “punishment” anyway.

When I hear a white person say something along the lines of “how come that African-American hip hop artist can use the N-word and I can’t” my first reaction is “do you WANT to use the N-word??”

3 Likes

Lol, no.
Social reprimand is just a stern warning of boundaries. Not a punitive at all.

Yeah OK. I just went through the whole thread, and I’m prepared to admit I don’t really have a clue what point you’re making, so my comment could well be misplaced. Carry on…

1 Like

This thread was never really about the great shock and surprise i felt you’d all find at a rich white guy invalidating the experiences of a minority.

6 Likes

not trying to != trying not to

Have you never said something to someone only to find out later it really hurt their feelings?

Ever, yes. I don’t have a habit of accidentally hurting peoples feelings and then arguing with them about why they should reconsider their position, though, no.

My agency has boundaries.

1 Like

I, for one, appreciated it.

1 Like

[quote=“jlw, post:111, topic:73375”]
… a rich white guy invalidating the experiences of a minority.
[/quote]That of course made us entirely speechless. How could it ever even happen.

No, seriously, that would have been a short thread.
You going: “This rich fucker sucks, anyone agree?”
“Aye”
“Aye”
“Yawn”
“Aye”

While we all here may vary in degree, we are generally speaking all on the same side. I gather.
The infighting and bickering over minuscules serves us to hone our edge and skill.
Fine-tuned by our “opponents”(sparring partners) best feints and hooks, we slay on less homogeneous and polite public forums, out there on the wide wild wubs and IRL, no matter how they come at us.
Nice post, publisher. Cool thread.

1 Like

nah, it just feels good to yell at assholes. :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.