Nine Principles of Good Dungeon Design for D&D

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/02/nine-principles-of-good-dungeon-design-for-dd.html

4 Likes

I’ve been playing D&D since 1975, and I found some good tips in that video :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Nine tips for helpful videos

1. Don’t just have your talking head there, speaking a bunch of words. At least add an occasional graphic to describe what you’re talking about, especially if you’re talking about something that can easily be displayed on, say, graphing paper, and that there are already thousands of pre-existing examples to choose from.
7 Likes

A lot of good advice much of which would already be part of an old, old school DM’s kit. Giving the players the “illusion” of choice makes them so much more a part of the game and more fun for everyone at the table - DM included!

2 Likes

Nerd alert! (Teasing, forgive me. I’m one of those guys at the table too. I think it was the fact that it was just talk that @KingGhidorah mentioned.)

Just steer clear of Old Man Henderson

Ugh. Filing under "videos I might watch, but really, really would rather read as an article (or even as a crappy PowerPoint). I hate having to turn on sound, as I normally do my reading when the psycho ex is watching television.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.