Non-smoking woman forced to pay £650 fine for dropping cigarette in town she’d never been to

“As a result of fucking stupidity & human error”

I fixed it, good.

Those are blue.

4 Likes

No kidding, huh? I hate it when I see people flick their cigarette butts, but £650 worth of hate? Not even. And I live where that crap drains into the ocean.

1 Like

Sounds to me like your browser is misconfigured. I’d suggest NoScript + Strong adblocking, like uBlock Origin.

4 Likes

Naw; she had stated she didn’t smoke, so a lack of evidence she did would be… a positive?

I am disappointed by your lack of disappointment, and your screed of non disappointing articles. It’s a damn shame. Disappointment used to be something the good, hardworking, disappointed Real American could really get disappointed about.

I demand better funding of disappointing content, along with audits of BB’s disappointment rating quarterly. I could live with yearly audits, though it won’t be any picnic.

Signed,
Yous Truly, Ignatius Reilly Jr.

11 Likes

Disappointment Rating Quarterly?
That’s my favorite magazine - I didn’t know you were a subscriber too!

6 Likes

Presented with a disappointing level of JPEG artifacts of course.

Damn, I forgot to switch one of those to Comic Sans. I meant to do that.

11 Likes

Don’t know about you but even if I had £650 laying around to pay unjust fines for shit I wasn’t guilty of, that would be a pretty traumatic event. Not to mention depriving me of my vehicle until I paid a fine that, again, I didn’t owe.

There have been a number of times in my life where being suddenly deprived of my car could have cost me my job. Are they gonna wait for the check to clear before they unboot my car or am I going to have to go down to the ATM and withdraw the max per day until I can drive my car again?

This is not a small deal for the victim and it totally seems like a BB story to me.

9 Likes

Quite right. Prison Guards should work on basic standards of human decency first.

angry inch. If you’re going there, go there.

2 Likes

Might help if you were a publisher.

1 Like

No. Only littering.

morons at the helm !

I meant to imply that her smoking status is irrelevant, and thus the fact that her statement would be easy to prove should also be irrelevant.

As I posted earlier, these people are not the police. They are, basically, court-appointed or licensed writ servers and debt collectors. They are not people you would trust with any legal powers beyond the ones they already have.

1 Like

The order to boot wasn’t in her name and wasn’t for her address. Had the debt collector bothered to check either of those, he would have understood he was in the wrong. Instead, he claimed the woman was lying.

2 Likes

How…quaint.

6 Likes

Oh, hey, do you know how to get me on the list? I don’t care about this particular article, but I really feel like my prior disappointment deserves proper recognition. Is there a form to fill out?

2 Likes