NoPhone is a black piece of plastic shaped like an iPhone

Like the deck of cards suggestion. Personally, a sketchbook and a pen & pencil work best for me. When sketching well, a person is very engaged with the world in a comfortable, nonjudgmental way.

1 Like

I think this is great. We can instantly separate the world into “regulars” and “dolts”

Plastics are inert organics that are detrimental to the lifecycle, and have become embedded in the food-chain with adverse health effects for all living organisms. I should have used a different word, as ‘organic’ has been redefined by industry and marketers to greenwash the plastic pollution epidemic.

If the choice is between Pop culture or the sustainability of life on planet earth, then I want to at least get people to question the constant manufacturing of plastic items especially when less than necessary as this product is. I may be heavy handed with my point, but it is valid nonetheless.

1 Like

If you want sustainability, you want thorium reactors.
(Sleep for me, now.)

1 Like

Actually the plastic itself in most plastics formulations is completely inert. The plastic softeners added to make them pliable and non brittle, and colors to make them attractive, are the compounds most often associated with health issues.

yep.

2 Likes

Given that the front would be labelled " this side toward enemy", I think I’ll join you behind it.

So this is part of the inevitable life cycle of Kickstarter: it’s being used to crank out gag gifts.

Finally. This will look awesome next to my limited-edition Nothing.

2 Likes

And now I can get rid of my Unpocket while enjoying the same privacy benefits. Marvellous product.

2 Likes

Are those Internets?

1 Like

I had to look up thorium…

1 Like

I am aware that eating indigestible debris of any kind will kill wildlife if it cannot be passed, and yes those plastic nets and six pack rings can entangle and choke animals, and sea turtles will choke on plastic bags thinking that they are jellyfish, etc. Those sort of physical obstruction issues are not plastic specific nor limited to plastic, or a property of plastic itself per se. In those instances plastic is an issue precisely because it is so inert, it doesn’t break down easily, and is so abundantly and wantonly discarded by mankind into the environment.

I’m all for protecting the environment.

I was simply pointing out that plastic itself, the material, isn’t detrimental (toxic) to the life cycle, it is highly inert, more so then most substances, when speaking of toxicology and biological inhibitors of life. It doesn’t break down into harmful substances when it does break down. plastic softeners and colorings, can leach out of certain plastics when they degrade, and those are indeed quite harmful and toxic biologically to life.

I agree that humans are most certainly impacting the environment with our waste and pollution, and that plastic makes up no small part in that issue.

growing up two of the seals in the local zoo died from eating too many of the shiny coins well intended people were tossing into the water, that doesn’t mean metal itself is “detrimental to the lifecycle”, that was the specific distinction I was attempting to make. I think we are probably on the same page. I wish more people cared strongly about protecting our environment, so thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.