Northern California high school student hands out deportation letters to classmates

My apologies if I wasn’t clear: I abhor racism and all of its supports,
including inappropriate parenting and inappropriate schooling.

James

3 Likes

Oh, yes. This is the area that wants to secede from California - because the rest of the state is liberal…

2 Likes

These people need to have their collective heads examined. They would be so screwed if that happened - which it won’t.
Basically California is just like the rest of the country right now, the rural areas are largely right wing and the cities hold us liberal elite, or whatever. The electoral map is clear.
The bulk of the major metro areas are pretty liberal - other than OC - but large swaths through the central valley and elsewhere in the mountains are not. People always figure that CA is this giant bastion of liberals, but it’s not. The epicenter (if you will) for so much is here in CA from tech to medical fields, research and entertainment, etc… that it draws a lot of folks to the state. Smart people. And they live in the cities and they can lean left a lot, especially on so-called “social issues”.
But if you look at the electoral history in CA, local, state and federal it’s not really been that liberal. Check the list of governors over the last 50 years. For president over the same history, CA went for plenty of Republicans till W. Then, after that… I mean, please. The chance of a President Palin or Ryan?? Like I said - lots of smart people here. But the more conservative districts get their representation in congress. Christ, look at Darrell Issa. He’s one of the biggest right wing assholes on the planet - and though it’s tight this time, he could still keep his seat. Unfortunately…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.