Norwegian company launches "eggs for boys" and "eggs for girls"

I suppose it depends on where you get them. Every time I’ve seen somebody get a torrent of eggs, though, they were cracked right away.

The people involved in distributing them usually got criminal charges or suspended from school for it, too, even if they weren’t pirated!

And actually I made a classic blunder, in my first post. While not pirate eggs, these probably wouldn’t be mash-up eggs, either, because they don’t usually sell eggs that have been fertilized (local delicacies notwithstanding). Boy do I have egg on my face!

So these eggs would not be mash-ups, but just be eggscerpts of a previous chicken.

But yeah, this just proves nobody appreciates fair use anymore. Probably big content, clucking it up for everybody.

5 Likes

Oh, come now, that was hardly even a troll. Where’s the effort? Where’s the craft? 2/10, try harder next time.

1 Like

Tonight’s torch burning rally has been canceled due to the ozone alert.

These days, sexism is a bit like Meryl Streep, in a new film: sometimes you don’t recognise it straightaway. You can be up to 20 minutes in, enjoying all the dinosaurs and the spacefights and the homesick Confederate soldiers, before you go, “Oh my God — under the wig! THAT’S MERYL.”

Very often, a woman can have left a party, caught the bus home, washed her face, got into bed, read 20 minutes of The Female Eunuch and put the light out before she puts the light back on again, sits bolt upright and shouts, “Hang on—I’VE JUST HAD SOME SEXISM AT ME. THAT WAS SOME SEXISM!

Ah, Caitlin Moran.

Ah! Right!
Those will, of course, be naturally raised free range eggs and the company’s only concern is the health of your children because they wouldn’t want the young ones to eat too many unprescribed antibiotics as that would be very bad for the kids future development.
Not.

1 Like

What’s the problem with princesses? They rule the land over other women and men, have wealth, servants, adoration and power. I’d be proud if my girl became a princess. She’d rule the land with a pink-laced fist of power.
How is it wrong for your girl to become the female authority of the kingdom (only Queen Mom and King Dad)? Why is it wrong for them to pursue power and beauty?

The portrayal of princesses in fiction is an issue, needing heroes and rescue, but when a girl wants to be a princess, in their mind they are powerful. It’s not much different from when a boy dreams of being a hero.

I mean, gosh, give the girl some credit. When a kid says they want to be a princess they are well aware of the privileges of royalty. Every kid wants a taste of power, like when boys want dinosaur pets to make them the ultimate badass of the schoolyard.
A boy wanting to be a pirate is pretty much the same. They have power (above the law no less!), a loyal crew to help solve his problems, and wealth and adventure.

Growing up will eventually have them realize that power requires effort and is not obtainable by everyone, and that realization will come no matter how fantastic their fantasies are. It’s called life.

Sheesh, it’s like all of you forgot you were kids at some point…

TBH I’m more worried that they’re teaching kids to be entitled and narcissistic, or criminally violent, than I am about the gender roles.

But perhaps they should just have more realistic images? For “Prinsesse”, they should have a picture of Märtha Louise or Mette-Marit (who’s not at all bad looking), and for the blue box, a “Sjørøver” of the Somalian variety.

Yep, came here to say this and yet the replies don’t seem to get it. It’s all in the eye of the beholder, my daughter loves pirates (due to a very popular pirate tv-show for kids) and princesses. She could go for either one but here we are with our assumptions assigning the pink to girls and pirates to boys. This company isn’t the problem. WE are the problem. Change yourself, change the world.

1 Like

Funny how the options aren’t Prince Charming and a Pirate Queen though?

5 Likes

Maybe it wouldn’t be too politic today, two centuries after the Treaty of Kiel, but if they displayed that adorable li’l Princess Isabella of Denmark, that would work perfectly. She’s the same age as my daughter (right down to the day), and cute as a button.

That Chess for Girls SNL clip is a super tough clip to find, but there are pieces of it in this video:

Yes, the weird mashup-so-it-won’t-get-pulled is worth it. Hilarious.

*And Malibu mystery bishop is ready for a day at the beach! Or a night of dancing!"

1 Like

Oh just make an omelet and be done with it.

2 Likes

A local eatery has a breakfast menu item of chicken fried chicken and eggs. They call it The Mother and Child Reunion.

1 Like

Referencing the old elementary-school joke: Do they also have “eggs for janitors”?

"Prior, Norway’s leading brand of chicken and eggs, has just launched
Princess Eggs and Pirate Eggs, to get children to eat more eggs.

They want kids to make their parents buy their brand of eggs. They don’t actually care whether the kids eat them or not.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.