Norwegian Islamophobes confuse empty bus seats with women in burkas

…and then they were like, “yeah, well, bus seats shouldn’t be allowed to wear burkas.”

2 Likes

looks like it

That’s what I decided, though my Norwegian is terrible. When you enter the country on anything other than a tourist visa you have a limited time to start learning the language, but all the classes were full when I got there.

2 Likes

Minorities seem to attract the rage of the worthless.

2 Likes

Damn. This so reminds me of the time a dark skinned person complain as my wife just got waved by the bus driver while he had to show his ticket. Had to be racism, never mind the fact that she rode that bus with a monthly in her fourth month while she had never seen him.

I see enablers.

I hear what you’re saying, but when a dark skinned person assumes that apparently unequal treatment relative to a lighter skinned person is a result of racism (which it often is) but gets it incorrect one time - I suppose our only choice is to judge them as entirely delusional. HAS TO BE. amirite? Sympathy is wasted on that sort, amirite??

2 Likes

Except in the US, you’re allowed to go out and buy an AR-15 with just a quick background check, a 40 round extended mag, and shoot until you run out of money.

At least in Norway you have to actually articulate a reason to buy a machine specifically designed and highly refined for killing humans in battle.

And yes, that’s exactly what an AR-15 pattern rifle is. A machine for wounding and killing people specifically. That’s what Stoner and his team made it for. It has features hunting weapons typically don’t have.

4 Likes

Actually, I find the resemblance of those seats to women in burkas quite striking.

Haven’t read the thread, but has anyone pointed out how dehumanising this cultural imperative is, since if you follow it, you can be mistaken for an empty seat or vice versa?

1 Like

or run into someone with a 50 round extended mag

Anyone who is going to mistake you for an empty seat made that choice long ago.

As a Norwegian I can confirm all of this. It’s bloody embarrassing.

8 Likes

Woh, what? I thought those were penguins having a field trip.

I don’t think so, since the general tenor of things around here is at least a notch or two above Outright Stupidity.

1 Like

See also, Maine in the late 90s, early 00s

Your comment is very misleading.

True, there have been many (foiled) attempts at Islamist terror attacks in Norway.

Anders Behring Breivik is of course the vast outlier, however. And he is no Islamist.

There is a strong whiff of hypocrisy when Norwegian xenophobes fixate on the threat of Islamist terror attacks.

1 Like

Women who regularly ride public transportation might be delighted to be invisible, albeit probably not in a way that would make people think they can sit on you.

8 Likes

I wonder if women-only transport would work in more countries?

Not that I don’t think the better solution is for men to get respectful.

6 Likes

Well of course, if we get women-only buses then that’s special treatment and the MEN want a special bus too!

Which we should totally give them. I bet they’re not as enamored of that idea as they think they are.

Edit: now that I think about it, they probably wouldn’t want a men-only bus, they’d want to ride the women’s. (Of course by “they” I mean the sort of men who get pissed at this idea, which are of course exactly the ones we’d like to avoid)

6 Likes

Afghanistan and Libya yes, Iraq no.