• Amazeballs
• Astonishing

Tossing these into the ring against “abysmal”:
• Execrable
• Repugnant
• Horrendous
• Turpitudenous
• Vile

Purely for the amusement of myself and anyone who cares to join in, mind you. :slight_smile:

Also: where the hell is “meh”?

2 Likes

My 15 year-old daughter’s typical response to “how are you?” or “how was school today?” is … “Normal”.

2 Likes

Somewhere between ‘Averageballs’ and ‘Not bad as fuck’ I’m guessing.

4 Likes

IKR? That’s incredible!

This leaves out the people like a guy I know for whom “that was not terrible” is a compliment of very high praise.

2 Likes

Just splitting the line between “whatevs” and “as if”

1 Like

A well-detailed slot drain is a joy forever.

2 Likes

Sha’!

Post length must bite me

1 Like

Huh?    

That’s just wizard.

1 Like

I tried to submit the prefectly valid response above that and BoingBoing’s algo wuz all “Nuh-uh! post length must include vapid yet meanigless extra stuff 'cos I charge by the character!” (or something like that).

2 Likes

Hint. Use &nbsp with a semicolon after it. Which gets parsed as a blank.

How is “very good” better than “great” ? Must be a symptom of driving on the wrong side of the road.

Also “banging”, “buff”, “butters”, “clapped”, “dead”, “dutty”, “frass”, “gully”, “greezy”, “long”, “■■■■■”, “peng”, “piff”, “safe”, “soggy”, “wavey”, and “wet”.

It’s Keane! It’s pure Keane,

No, no! It’s greater than Keane – it’s Cugat!’

2 Likes

Where does “bloody awful” fit? The list is incomplete.

2 Likes

I do not know whether to call this study ‘wonderful’ or ‘atrocious’, so perhaps I’ll settle for ‘mediocre’.

1 Like

I am adding “pissa,” and as I do so, will note that every positive word can also be used as an intensified version of the negative ones (just as with our little friend “pissa”).

I see that some people rated “terrible”, “abysmal” as meaning something positive. In fairness, those words are pretty ambiguous…