Nothing to see here. Move along, citizen

Thanks! I am going to need a rainy day off before that happens.

1 Like

This will “learn” me to be watching the meta category…

4 Likes

Sam, if you’re afraid you’ll have to overlook it.
Besides, you knew the job was dangerous when you took it.

5 Likes

But he’s only three days from retirement! Why put him out in the field like that, chief?

7 Likes

Is he gettin’ too old for this shit?

8 Likes

I am feeling that way about the red tape of work lately. Ahh the joys of being a cog in a great big enterprise computing machine…

1 Like

don’t you mean iCogFactory ?

1 Like

So, Regulars can edit thread titles too, eh?

1 Like

Yeah, I forgot about that little bonus.

We could probably move this one into the Lounge so you wouldn’t be able to see it any more, but still get notifications every time someone posted in it…

5 Likes

Not that any of the Regulars would ever do that, of course.

2 Likes

Ahem. I know you guys better than that.

Specifically the Regulars would do such a thing.

:kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Ah, somebody upthread told me that if I read every single one of the zillion threads in the past two weeks that I’d become a capital-R Regular. I had some hours today in a comfy air conditioned room with a fast net connection, whilst I was awaiting my audience with The King, so I did just that. Alas, apparently there is some other criteria I must meet (perhaps longevity? I am pretty new as a BBS commenter) so it didn’t work.

I do have some observations, though:

1. many of you in the “count to 10,000” thread are utter bastards;
  2. I would not take Falcor’s job for all beer in San Diego, even though it is 1,000,000 degrees here today;
  3. it took me juuuuust under six hours to read every unread message in every thread on every topic that I could find. I was very briefly at all grey in “latest”.

Regular or not, that should be a badged achievement.

I can’t say I gave every comment all the thought and inspection they deserved, but I can say that every one of them did go past my eyeballs. :smile:

4 Likes

You, my fine rodent, are made of sterner stuff than I am. Six hours sounds about what I figured. I’m never gonna catch up…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 540 days. New replies are no longer allowed.