Novum Pharma's $240, semi-useless acne cream now costs $10,000/tube

Eh. I don’t speak Hebrew, I’m not Jewish, and I’m no longer Christian, so I really don’t feel like arguing about the names of angels in Judeo-Christian mythology. I’d probably get my butt trounced by someone later in the thread anyway.

I will say, though, that the names Lucifer and Metatron, according to Wikipedia (for what that’s worth), both appear to originate from Latin, and the ones ending in -el seem to originate in Hebrew.

There are probably other angels whose names don’t end in -el, so again, I’m not going to argue, but the ones most familiar to me (Michael, Uriel, Gabriel, and Samael) all fit that pattern.

2 Likes

So they might be Hebrew translations of Angelic names. Do they speak Hebrew in heaven?

You can’t really argue about fiction. I mean, fucking shark tornado. Anything is possible.

3 Likes

Fyi i’m far from an expert either, those two names just jumped out at me so i posted them :slight_smile: This is all pretty off topic anyway lol.

1 Like

If they can’t charge $10,000 per tube they won’t be able to fund research for acne creams that actually DO work!

6 Likes

Is this satire? just who… what? why?

1 Like
4 Likes

I thought that was a Transformer.

3 Likes

Lucifer? You mean Samael?

1 Like

[what the fda told dr michio kaku]

(https://youtu.be/219YybX66MY?t=52m54s)

1 Like

I don’t think everyone here reads Sandman Slim, despite Cory’s repeated suggestions.

1 Like

Wow, it’s been in the 30s since Sept 6th:

(first 30 post)

NB: this is one o’ mine. I think something in here prompted me to look up pharmaceutical names, but I got sidetracked with an FDA list of packaging.

Making the world a better place

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.