NRA admits donations looted by current and former officers

revoke their state charter - disband them

1 Like

I like that the same people who are true NRA believers are also the people convinced that corporations should be deregulated and then self-regulated, yet they always seem to get screwed over…and never acknowledge it,

3 Likes

Remember, the NRA is the Nat’l RIFLE Ass’n – that’s rifles, not pistols, shotguns, muskets, blunderbusses, RPGs, nor zip-guns. They’ve overreached their purpose. Shut-em down.

Where is the Nat’l Slingshot Ass’n when we need-em?

The republican leadership in the NRA is corrupt?!?!

unnamed

A lot of people have started to openly carry long guns in public-- ostensibly because a gun that can’t be concealed can’t violate laws against concealing weapons without the right permit,. This behavior is rude…

Mike Pesca rants about this in the last fourth of this podcast.

1 Like

shocked

1 Like

Of course their supporters love the corruption: much like the lottery, it gives them false hope that one day, they may be the ones to profit from it.

4 Likes

Well, they admitted a wrong doing. Lesson learned. Move on folks, nothing to see/notice/remember here.

1 Like

Someone could do an interesting game of it.

Is the other person:

• A neutral open-carry citizen.
  • A warrior looking for a bad guy with a gun an excuse.
  • An actual bad guy with a gun.

Something like the Prisoner’s Dilemma crossed with Among Us.

That guy with the AR-15 is SUS as hell!

2 Likes

yes, boingboing ran the same strip, but the image link is broken.

9 Likes

Likewise, the extent of the NRA’s corruption will only make its core supporters love it more.

That isn’t the scuttlebutt I’ve seen. People are pissed and what the people who fleeced the org out and prosecuted and people focused on the mission in.

Sort of the mirror image of this guy:

1 Like

They’re as nutty in their way just as PETA is in theirs.

Absolutely, but my point is that they don’t have to be. A version of the NRA whose primary mission was to educate gun owners and promote sane gun laws could be a good thing. Or at least not an awful thing.

Instead we have an NRA which appears to exist primarily to remove all sensible gun legislation, sell guns, enrich its executives, radicalize its members and funnel money to reactionary candidates.

1 Like

The problem starts when you say “sane gun laws.” There is a HUGE disagreement about where the border is on that.

I would be ecstatic if the NRA returned to its original purpose - apolitical marksmanship education.

1 Like

See also; No shit, Sherlock!

FIFY.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.