NSFW: sex and ASMR

1 Like

No, youā€™re not the only one. I only recently found out myself that itā€™s a disorder called Misophonia, which seems to be neurologically related to Tourette Syndrome.

Seeing this article is utterly terrifying to me. The thought that these kinds of sounds could possibly arouse someone makes my whole body shake with unease. Iā€™ve had a lot of problems, especially recently, where Iā€™ve shouted at or threatened people for making these kinds of noises around me. Itā€™s a nightmarish struggle. And it only gets worse when my coffee wears off and I start to get tired - to the point where Iā€™m rendered completely incapable of maintaining any kind of coherent thought, and spend the rest of my day struggling not to savagely beat the source of my pain to death.

And the worst part is, this isnā€™t a condition thatā€™s recognized by the APA, and I canā€™t afford medical help.

1 Like

Heyā€“it works. Though unlike the reviewer, I find haircuts to be an isolating experience that plunges my soul into darkness.Myopia can do that.

Also, some of those videos clip which is particularly nasty on headphones.

That is really annoying , and honestly when i am trying to sleep in the night , i get really agitated if hear any of such noices (until i am asleep ofcourse)ā€¦

Iā€™ve read that itā€™s more of a physiological reaction than an emotional one. I have a physiological reaction to sounds like that- always have. Itā€™s a tickle in my lower back. A tickle that is downright unpleasant after a few minutes. I canā€™t even listen to some music with headphones if too many soft sounds are in the right earbud.

I think I have some of each. Bag-crinkling (e.g.) makes me want to hulk-smash, but buzzing hair clippers (e.g.) gives me a tingle on the back of my neck and is very relaxing.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.