NY Times Thinks Murdoch's sneakers are news—his attempt to destroy American democracy, not so much

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/04/ny-times-thinks-murdochs-sneakers-are-news-his-attempt-to-destroy-american-democracy-not-so-much.html

9 Likes

He’s 93.

21 Likes

TBh, i don’t usually notice the bylines of the articles but I can usually recognize Mark or Rob by their “tone”, so i am ecstatic to see that they have signed on the estimably noted columnist & broad thinker Mr Toohey. This is guaranteed to raise the level of debate around here.

3 Likes

Colbert said it was an open casket wedding. :rofl:

I’ll bet there are 80+ year old NYT articles about the sartorial genius of Hugo Boss design of military uniforms. :roll_eyes:

18 Likes

:laughing:
I know; I saw the ep this morning.

I laughed aloud.

7 Likes

DeathSml

7 Likes

Hey, even Kissinger was in there, eventually!

8 Likes

They care about his footwear because they want to kiss his feet. Also fifth wedding? Don’t tell me it’s love.

5 Likes

Yeah, I noticed that a few weeks ago when there was a brief rash of listicles with Buzzfeed-worthy headlines. “10 Bizarre Articles by Ellsworth Toohey!”.

1 Like

Murdoch and friends probably pushed him in front.

2 Likes

If this is a just universe, he can soon join his friends.

6 Likes

7 Likes

Finally a worthy use for Timesmachine!

(but no.)

1 Like

Wouldn’t the Daily Heil have been more likely. /s

1 Like

No, because Hugo Ferdinand Boss did not design any Nazi uniforms, and his company was only one of several manufacturers making uniforms for Nazi organisations and the German armed forces. The black SS uniforms were designed by Karl Diebitsch and Walter Heck, both SS members themselves.

2 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.