NYC driver plows car into BLM protestors

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/11/nyc-driver-plows-car-into-blm-protestors.html

7 Likes

So tired of this fuckery.

52 Likes

“Very fine people, on both sides.”

33 Likes

We really need a “Thanks, I hate it” button along with the “Like”

34 Likes

Meanwhile:

24 Likes

You joke, but there’s a good chance that someone will arrive in a topic like this to JAQ off about how left-wingers are just as violent.

30 Likes

I’ve said it before, but I really hope that prosecutors comb through the suspects social media and email accounts to find out whether he has thought and talked about doing this previously. Because thinking about it before hand is what they call “premeditation.”

38 Likes

If the prosecutors don’t, the attorneys filing the civil suits against the driver on behalf of the victims should.

24 Likes

I can’t remember if I’ve mentioned /r/ParlerWatch here or not.

There’s some scary stuff there. People actually calling for other people to be shot, hanged, etc.

I only wish I were exaggerating.

20 Likes

yet another reason to close some city streets when a large protest is happening, so people can assemble and protest without fear of being mowed down in vehicular manslaughter.

18 Likes

TERRORIST ATTACKS AMERICANS.

don’t mince words.

31 Likes

Schnelting shared the outline of his bill on Twitter on Thursday.

“If your grandparents are caught in a mob and are being threatened, they shouldn’t be held liable for inadvertently hitting a rioter if they flee the scene in order to save those in the car from physical danger,” he wrote. “This bill does not change our laws on vehicular assault nor excuse gross negligence.”

Bullshit. As if someone who committed vehicular assault wouldn’t claim that he felt threatened. Cops are already escaping charges based on that excuse.

35 Likes

My local sports ball team’s message board is full of jaq offs like this. They maintain a thread of liberal and BLM associated violence related stories to prove how violent the left is.

Their devotion is blindly unwaivering and any transgressions on their side is justified in the fight for freedom, nationality, whatever.

13 Likes

Unless someone else deliberately plowed into six protestors in NY today, the protest was against ICE detentions according to the NYT, not for BLM. Not that this makes a huge difference really, it’s awful either way.

31 Likes

It’s sickening. I’m unsure the majority of our society is aware of how motivated and maligned this group really is.

7 Likes

Damn.
I lived in Missouri for a few decades. This jack move is very on-brand.

I wish those who work for justice in that state every bit of good luck. Missouri–or at least St. Louis, MO–has some interesting civil rights history that feels like a million years ago and also like it was just yesterday:

10 Likes

oh fuck every part of that

5 Likes

Wow those proposals are chillingly specific, applying only to “unlawful assemblage” (read civil disobedience) or “protest or demonstration”. Not to, for instance, crowds of actively homophobic or racist frat boys, or proud boys open carrying and making threats.

And it is so unclear as to be void for vagueness just what it means to “reasonably believe he or she or any occupant of the motor vehicle is in danger” or “exercising due care”. Any Karen who is told she has to wear a mask feels this puts her in medical danger and that she’s exercising due care.

It seems that the four other pro-ped-plower bills in other states have failed to advance, and this one will likely have the same fate, serving only as a satisfying dog whistle for the base, and nightmare fuel for caring people.

13 Likes

As well as anything along the lines of belonging to a white supremacist group, to add the hate crime bonus to sentencing.

9 Likes

Here’s a reaction to the Supreme Court tossing out Texas’ lawsuit:

9 Likes