NYT has 2 decades of Donald Trump's taxes, he's in massive debt and paid no federal income taxes for 10 of past 15 years

This is of course his answer, but if those taxes are incorrect and his taxes are wonderful, the best tax returns ever, you’ve never seen such tax returns, why not just release them, so we may bask in their sunshine?

25 Likes

I’m sure that was a “consulting fee”

25 Likes

@xeni Please proofread the first sentence. It seems to lack one or two crucial words.

3 Likes

Well then, the Dems have no choice but to impeach him again for massive tax fraud. No one should be president who engages in massive tax fraud.

Impeach!

41 Likes

There are times when he might be the funniest of the Oswalts.

5 Likes

Hey, looks like this actually happened? (Not necessarily to a half-dozen journos, but to some important ones). I was using the lofty pulpit of the BBS to call for it before, most recently about 38 days ago:

20 Likes

That’s your problem with this? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

9 Likes

There are so many charges that were not pursued the first time he was impeached, so it’s highly possible.

23 Likes

I think it’s a good time to remind people that the qanon folks think this serial money launderer is going to go after human traffickers and their money even though Trump would be one who’s gets hurt badly if the government seriously goes after launderers.

24 Likes

There’s a lot here and more to come, but the number 750 shines like a beacon through the fog. It’s a number everyone understands, grandma can remember, and will be unreputable by his followers. I’ve seen a lot of political memes (Dawkins’ I mean) in my time and it really looks like 750 is going to hang out for a while and probably do some real damage. Go 750!

29 Likes

Nah; not even this.

6 Likes

It’s a number everyone can understand; a weekly paycheque for some, or month’s rent in some places, grocery money, or money to pay for needed repairs on your old car.

25 Likes

One month of my mother’s leukemia care.

51 Likes

As the AP reminded us (maybe the Times, too, but they’re paywalled), when Hillary suggested he was hiding his tax returns because he hadn’t paid any tax, he cut her off with, “That makes me smart.” That reply scored big with His Base. People love a con man.

39 Likes

:frowning:
I’m so sorry.

25 Likes

it sounds like he might have to raid Ivanka’s piggy bank.

7 Likes

And he evidently took a deduction for it.

3 Likes

this changes everything we finally got him now he must resign impeach him finally it’s over the end is near the final blow it’s all over now etc.

14 Likes
6 Likes

Key is that they are saying tax avoidance and not tax evasion. So, he did a bunch of shitty, shady stuff that should be illegal, but they didn’t find anything that was openly illegal. Not saying there isn’t something actually illegal in there, but they weren’t comfortable saying evasion.

Which means this is all down to hoping this puts a dent in his image with his supporters. So, yeah, not holding my breath.

Edited because autocorrect changed tax to red.

13 Likes