NYT has 2 decades of Donald Trump's taxes, he's in massive debt and paid no federal income taxes for 10 of past 15 years

Thank you for identifying the dark place I must never go.

13 Likes

one fifth of my wife’s MS injection.

14 Likes

He could resign so long as he’s in a private jet on his way to (or already in) a place that doesn’t extradite to the United States (cough Russia cough) when he does. Though I could see Putin greeting Trump fondly then choosing to throw him out (or have him “get sick”) when Trump does something to inconvenience and/or annoy Putin.

6 Likes

A throwback video from early last year

4 Likes

16 Likes

Golden shower years?

5 Likes

And the issue with his tan suit wasn’t that the suit was tan.

3 Likes

52 Likes

15 Likes

I like your idea, though I would rather they be demolished and parks named after Hunter Biden put in their places instead.

2 Likes

Sadly this election is not about changing anyone’s vote, but rather who can get more voters to the polls. This kind of news may encourage anti-Trump voters and discourage some of his base. That is it’s use.

I have to note that, even if this leak damages his 2020 campaign, his refusal to make good on his promise to release his tax returns in 2016 actually did help to get him into office in the first place. So we’re about 4 years too late for the “best possible timing.”

8 Likes

My suspicion? He owed someone for “somethn”, and their cousin had a hair license, y’know?

Because that’s what a movie mobster would have done, and he fancies himself a “Don”…

3 Likes

Looks like money laundering.
Smells like money laundering.
Tastes like money laundering.

14 Likes

I kind of doubt they will. I think their names will be a red flag saying “audit this return” until the end of time.

1 Like

No, it’s not about illegalities, it’s the uncovering of many embarrassing truths that Trump wanted to be concealed. He’s not who he claims to be, his wealth has been greatly diminished, and he’s borrowed tremendous amounts of money. His lenders are occasionally unsavory characters and he’s used questionable write-offs to lower his tax bill, like using his daughter as his business consultant.

7 Likes

The problem of having to sell your main house is easily solved by having a lower tax on that asset, which would allow the owner to declare a much higher value to match the tax value they would pay on a normal property and getting protected from having to move out at any moment.

If i’m not mistaken that point about efficiency was about underdeveloped properties, like a lot without any building inside the city perimeter, which have a lower value and yield lower taxes, but are very attractive to speculate on.

1 Like

But do you think he is going to pay for all that bedbug fumigation?

1 Like

Based on the reporting I have seen this is pretty much exactly how it looks before “styling”:

riff-raff-6264-normal

11 Likes

Madness takes its toll.

15 Likes